Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,866 Members 50,807 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

need help accidentally wiped everything in twrp

Tip us?

T0YM4K3R
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default need help accidentally wiped everything in twrp

i wiped everything on accident now i dont know what to do the wipe deleted everything including my back ups please help im on twrp v2.2.2.1 what can i do to put a stock rom or custom rom to get this working again

T0YM4K3R
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
please help im stuck any ideas

jlshady00
Old
Thanks Meter 24
OK what do you mean you wiped everything? Can you still boot into twrp?

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

If you can still get into twrp then you haven't wiped everything and its no problem to get it going again. There is an option called mount in twrp, with the device connected to a pc via usb click mount, this allows you to access the internal device storage from the pc and easily transfer a Rom over to it which you can then go back to twrp main menu and install. Always remember to do some research if you don't fully understand what it is you're doing before you do it. Next time you might end up with a brick.

T0YM4K3R
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
ok sorry for not saying i can boot into twrp ok yes i can still boot into twrp v2.2.2 i can mount i tried loading a custom rom i loaded hellfire and hellkat but i just get sent into a boot loop i tried flashing twrp 2.6 but it stays the same v2.2.2 i have been looking for stock rom to flash but cannot find one any help to get this twrp updated or a new rom to take on this version thanks in advance for any help

jlshady00
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Might be stuck on fastboot after you flash, I don't have the kindle fire anymore so I'm a little unsure on the details, but it seems like you could get the stock firmware from Amazon as a full download update...at least I remember doing it a while back. What does the bootloop look like after you flash?

Ixthusdan
Old
Thanks Meter 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0YM4K3R View Post
ok sorry for not saying i can boot into twrp ok yes i can still boot into twrp v2.2.2 i can mount i tried loading a custom rom i loaded hellfire and hellkat but i just get sent into a boot loop i tried flashing twrp 2.6 but it stays the same v2.2.2 i have been looking for stock rom to flash but cannot find one any help to get this twrp updated or a new rom to take on this version thanks in advance for any help
Download a jellybean rom with gapps. Flash both. Boot up and get Flashify from the store. Flash twrp 2.6.3.2 using Flashify. Reboot to twrp to verify it updated. Now you can flash a kitkat rom, with the appropriate gapps.

T0YM4K3R
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixthusdan View Post
Download a jellybean rom with gapps. Flash both. Boot up and get Flashify from the store. Flash twrp 2.6.3.2 using Flashify. Reboot to twrp to verify it updated. Now you can flash a kitkat rom, with the appropriate gapps.
this worked thanks