Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,412 Members 45,479 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Buying the Xperia Z1?

Tip us?

cfarley27
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Buying the Xperia Z1?

Hey guys! I was thinking of picking up an Xperia Z1. I currently own a HTC One and Nexus 5 and would be selling both to get the Z1.

My main concerns are the reviews of the camera are inconsistant. Some have great results, some are okay.

The second concern I have is the output of the headphone jack and speaker. I need something on the louder side which the HTC One provides but the Nexus 5 does not. How does this one compare?

My last concern is the physical size. It looks like a very large phone with the top and bottom bezels. How well is the pocketability and such? I dont wear skinny jeans, but they arent baggy either.

Thanks guys and gals!

shem2409
Old
Thanks Meter 589

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfarley27 View Post
Hey guys! I was thinking of picking up an Xperia Z1. I currently own a HTC One and Nexus 5 and would be selling both to get the Z1.

My main concerns are the reviews of the camera are inconsistant. Some have great results, some are okay.

The second concern I have is the output of the headphone jack and speaker. I need something on the louder side which the HTC One provides but the Nexus 5 does not. How does this one compare?

My last concern is the physical size. It looks like a very large phone with the top and bottom bezels. How well is the pocketability and such? I dont wear skinny jeans, but they arent baggy either.

Thanks guys and gals!
The camera is the best, you will find on an Android device. This has been mentioned mulitiple times. In my signature, take a look at the detailed camera walkthrough.

I can't help with comparison of headphone jack, it does seem to do a good job though. The speakers in this phones are NOT great. They are water resistant, so that kinda explains that aspect.

The phone is super thin so it fits comfortably in the pocket. It is quite a bit larger than nexus 5.

daxdax89
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Just get it man!!! :P