No registration required

[Q] Samsung Galaxy Tab p1000

OP Baidizzle

19th January 2014, 04:05 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
More
I flashed the Cyanogenmod 11 (nightly) on my Galaxy tab. Everything went well, no crashes, BUT one small problem my computer wont detect my tab when I plug it in via USB. It shows it under devices but I cant use it as a removable disk (mass storage device).
Needs some advice.

Thanks -Baid-
20th January 2014, 02:32 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 24

152 posts
More
I had the same problem. What i did was to update samsung kies. Then installed new drivers to my desktop. Next, i opened heimdall 1.1.1 and re ran zadig to install that again.
You should be able to reconnect to your computer now with the pc being able to detect the tab as a mass storage device.
I tested this twice by moving files back and forth. It worked good.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using xda app-developers app
22nd January 2014, 02:37 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
More
It works on my laptop but not my computer. Still do the procedure you mentioned? I am having trouble connecting to keis. Any tips?
22nd January 2014, 03:49 AM   |  #4  

152 posts
More
How are you having trouble connecting to kies? All you should have to do is make sure you have kies on your desktop, and that it us updated to the latest release. From there, in the kies program you select install drivers for tablet, make sure the tablet is connected to the pc, click install.
This is all i did.
I re ran zadig, so i could use heimdall if necessary later.

23rd January 2014, 04:31 PM   |  #5  

152 posts
More
I just remembered that when you plug in the tab to the pc for the first time you have tp select connect to pc.
When you plug in the tab, in the upper left corner you should see the usb symbol--the little trident. Tap on it, a drop down menu should appear. It should say connect to pc. Tap on this, then another pop up menu should appear saying that various functions will not work while connected. Tap on this again. This should do it.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread