Drag to unlock

Search This thread

robsup79

Sep 25, 2012
Milano
Hi guys,anyone can help me?
I would like to hide or erase the "Drag to Unlock" text under the lockbar.
If you have some suggestions please write here,thanks :eek:
P.S. I don't wanna use another lockscreen like widget locker etc.

zemega

Jan 15, 2014
Hi guys,anyone can help me?
I would like to hide or erase the "Drag to Unlock" text under the lockbar.
If you have some suggestions please write here,thanks :eek:
P.S. I don't wanna use another lockscreen like widget locker etc.

Download the HiSuite from Huawei website. Inside the program is a tool for customising the UI, Connect your P6 with the computer and the program. start the UI customisation tool. Load the theme you wish to modify. Change what you want, then save it as another theme, load it back to your phone and apply the modified theme. That should do the trick. I did look into the tool, its good, though I didnt making a new one yet. But others have used it before for the intended purpose.

robsup79

Sep 25, 2012
Milano
Hi, yes i tried with that method but there isn't a voice or a png to erase the "drag to unlock" text...

warea

Dec 1, 2007
You can just rename the file as zip file and browse for the unlock text. I remember while browsing the contents of the ios7 theme that i did come across the unlock text file as an image file. But i dont remember where it was located.

zemega

Jan 15, 2014
Have you tried playing with the xml file? I think this line refers to the text 'Drag to unlock' that you want to remove.Notice its start at x=0 and width is 720 which is the screen width, position at y=1100 which is the text y position and align center. If you wish to test whether its the correct one or not, just change the align parameter.

<text x="0" y="1100" w="720" h="80" align="center" size="18" color="#FFFFFFFF" src="system.unlocktip"/>

While the lines after that containing y="1105" refers to the animated arrows if you wish to remove that as well.

The xml file is at Taste/unlock/layout-hdpi/layout_taste.xml

Last edited:

robsup79

Sep 25, 2012
Milano
Yes i did;this is the unlock .txt but i don't see the "drag to unlock" voice to erase....
Dammit i'm going crazy to know how to do!!

EDIT:I see now your post,Zemega,so do you think I should delete that string?

Attachments

• layout_taste.txt
    4.3 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

zemega

Jan 15, 2014
Indeed that is the case. In fact I like your idea very much that I went ahead and test it for myself. You can see the screenshot in the attached. Of course I remove the arrow as well. If you dont want to remove the arrow just remove that one string from before. Another suggestion is to increase the arrow count, but you have to to time it right. Attached are screenshot of my lock screeen and the edited file.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-01-24-16-38-53.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-01-24-16-38-53.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 212
  • layout_taste.xml.txt
    2.4 KB · Views: 84