Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,480 Members 45,172 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HELP! Stuck at black screen after Device name. But can boot into recovery mode

Tip us?

chabasse
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by euwlo View Post
yeah I just did the same. I've created a thread but no response yet. I am also stuck in a black screen after "samsung galaxy note 10.1 2014 edition" (giant name...) I've tried to install my onw backup of original rom and [ROM][12/30/2013][P601][XXUBMJA][Aroma][v1.0] by gcrutchr, both no success stuck at black screen but with backscreen light on... for many minutes and nothing... Please any ideas?
Best idea was posted here.. Stock rom via Odin.. Then if you want root it again or flash custom recovery (like TWRP) and then flash your favourite custom rom..

chiyarlz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsherif View Post
If Wiping data/factory reset didn`t solve, then you should flash a stock rom via odin.
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! I flashed the stock rom, and it's now good as new. Took a while to redownload everything when it was restored but now it's running quite perfectly! Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by euwlo View Post
yeah I just did the same. I've created a thread but no response yet. I am also stuck in a black screen after "samsung galaxy note 10.1 2014 edition" (giant name...) I've tried to install my onw backup of original rom and [ROM][12/30/2013][P601][XXUBMJA][Aroma][v1.0] by gcrutchr, both no success stuck at black screen but with backscreen light on... for many minutes and nothing... Please any ideas?
Downloading the "STOCK"(I mean the real official one, the one that was in the tab straight of of the box) ROM from Sammobile and flashing it worked for me. Also, don't use the other custom ROMs. I don't think they'll work.

clouds5
Old
Thanks Meter 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiyarlz View Post
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! I flashed the stock rom, and it's now good as new. Took a while to redownload everything when it was restored but now it's running quite perfectly! Thanks again!
Next time I'd be careful with overclocking As far as I know you need a custom kernel that supports OC. And because this device is still fairly new we don't have those yet.
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S III | Stock rooted
Tablet: Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition Wifi | Stock rooted

chiyarlz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by clouds5 View Post
Next time I'd be careful with overclocking As far as I know you need a custom kernel that supports OC. And because this device is still fairly new we don't have those yet.
Ahaha... I guess I may have overdone it a little. Or a lot. Well, time to break this in again. Hope it won't hardbrick when I root this thing.

euwlo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by chabasse View Post
Best idea was posted here.. Stock rom via Odin.. Then if you want root it again or flash custom recovery (like TWRP) and then flash your favourite custom rom..
Many many thanks, it worked! I will be more carefull this time.