5,593,401 Members 36,272 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

REVIEW: LG G Pad 8.3 Generic TPU "X-Style" Case

Tip us?

Impromark
Old
(Last edited by Impromark; 16th January 2014 at 05:19 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
No worries Toyface! I've had the TPU case for a week now and have already taken it on a business trip with me. I find it unobtrusive and very comfortable to hold in one hand, with the grippy texture on the back. The volume and power buttons are not tougher to use at all. I've even gotten used to the fingerprints on the shiny parts. The ONLY downside is that on some of the USB plugs I've used since the video, some of them do deform the rubber on the lip a little. I doubt this will be a long term issue though, it springs right back when I unplug it.

On real-life bumps: when the tablet slid off of a chair during an airplane landing (my bad, it was sitting on my coat and fell off as the plane was braking), it landed face down and had no damage. Incidentally, my headphone jack was plugged in and while the jack was bent, the tablet was undamaged and kept working with the earphones. Point LG!

Finally, when I carry this thing around outside, I use a slipcase for an old Acer netbook. Not the most ideal shape, and I may get a more form-fitting one eventually, but it works. It's to the point where I may not get the IVSO / generic flip case after all, as this is working just fine for me.

Please post some pics of your red version when you get it!

Mark

toyface
Old
Thanks Meter 55
So, my case arrived a couple of days ago. Post from Germany to England was very good and the eBay seller (phonenatic) was pretty great really.

So far,I think the case is pretty good, but I hate the color. It's supposed to be red, but in reality it's more pinkish than anything else. Cutouts are all good (as you see in the photos) and it has thick lip around the screen so landing flat shouldn't be too bad there. This one came with two screen protectors, I fitted one then removed it a day later, I just hate screen protectors. it was very easy to get on there though.

Tom.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF6400.JPG
Views:	122
Size:	192.6 KB
ID:	2534012   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF6395.JPG
Views:	113
Size:	141.7 KB
ID:	2534013   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF6396.JPG
Views:	110
Size:	137.2 KB
ID:	2534014   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF6398.JPG
Views:	109
Size:	150.0 KB
ID:	2534015  

Impromark
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Thanks for posting those pics! You're right, with the white version of the G Pad in there the red is muted somewhat to look more pinkish... I'm wondering if it'd look darked with a black version in there.

Mark
Tags
8.3 g-pad, case, lg g pad