5,598,938 Members 30,982 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Upgrade to 4.4.2 and lose 3rd party accessory access?

Tip us?

sanjsrik
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 52
Question [Q] Upgrade to 4.4.2 and lose 3rd party accessory access?

Has anyone run across this who have upgraded to 4.4.x?

Apparently, in the version of KitKat released by Samsung, without a 3rd party chip installed in the accessory, the accessory won't be recognized by the ROM.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=49696039 (yes, it's my original post, just asking the question here as well).

radicalisto
Old
Thanks Meter 1210

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjsrik View Post
Has anyone run across this who have upgraded to 4.4.x?

Apparently, in the version of KitKat released by Samsung, without a 3rd party chip installed in the accessory, the accessory won't be recognized by the ROM.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=49696039 (yes, it's my original post, just asking the question here as well).

Yup, but it has been fixed if you have root >>> here
// Nexus 5 (D821) // Liquid // UBER //
// Note 3 (SM-N9005) // AOSP ROM of variety // Lean or temasek's Kernel // - Dumped. No more Samsung

sanjsrik
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 52
Will updating/flashing Framework require you to trip knox though? Meaning, does it require a different recovery? Not clear in the link you provided. Sorry, I'm not an expert at all on framework and how to get it on the devices.

radicalisto
Old
Thanks Meter 1210

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Will updating/flashing Framework require you to trip knox though? Meaning, does it require a different recovery? Not clear in the link you provided. Sorry, I'm not an expert at all on framework and how to get it on the devices.
Well rooting (unless you are on MJ2 firmware) will trip your KNOX I'm afraid but no custom recovery is required only root access, - but if you were rooted, then it's just a case of installing Xposed framework (pretty much just an .apk install) - then open the app, go to downloads and find that mod, hit install and reboot and that's it pretty much
// Note 3 (SM-N9005) // AOSP ROM of variety // Lean or temasek's Kernel // - Dumped. No more Samsung

sanjsrik
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 52
Talking rooting <> tripping Knox

Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalisto View Post
Well rooting (unless you are on MJ2 firmware) will trip your KNOX I'm afraid but no custom recovery is required only root access, - but if you were rooted, then it's just a case of installing Xposed framework (pretty much just an .apk install) - then open the app, go to downloads and find that mod, hit install and reboot and that's it pretty much
Not a true statement at all that rooting will trip Knox. I used Kingo and haven't tripped Knox at all. I'm just asking if flashing Xposed framewwork requires a different recovery and bootloader which WILL trip Knox as it requires a new recovery. However, I have 0x0 root so, no, rooting does NOT imply you've tripped Knox at all.

I just looked up Xposed and was able to install and run the APK and able to install a few of the add-ons.

Nice. And all that without tripping Knox, hmm.

radicalisto
Old
Thanks Meter 1210

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Not a true statement at all that rooting will trip Knox. I used Kingo and haven't tripped Knox at all. I'm just asking if flashing Xposed framewwork requires a different recovery and bootloader which WILL trip Knox as it requires a new recovery. However, I have 0x0 root so, no, rooting does NOT imply you've tripped Knox at all.

I just looked up Xposed and was able to install and run the APK and able to install a few of the add-ons.

Nice. And all that without tripping Knox, hmm.
Well usually rooting any firmware past MJ2 trips KNOX especially if using CF Root, I cannot comment on Kingo as it was banned and still is banned on XDA afaik, so never had any dealings with it. Plus I tripped my KNOX straight away. Also, from what I have read around, after you reboot when installing certain root methods, it'll trip KNOX automatically (whether yours has/.will is a different story)