Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Upgrade from 4.2.2 to 4.3+ without getting Knox

OP jadajada

23rd January 2014, 01:29 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 17

179 posts
I am on stock 4.2.2 now, rooted.

I would like to install stock 4.3 or try a 4.4 rom. What are my options for doing this? Is there a stock 4.3 ROM I can flash with cwm that doesn't bring knox and the new bootloader? Is the new bootloader (and knox) absolutely necessary for going 4.4?
23rd January 2014, 02:22 PM   |  #2  
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 31

904 posts
More
stock firmware i get from www.sammobile.com, the questions have been answered a countless times before
23rd January 2014, 03:20 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Your Mom's crib
Thanks Meter: 2,089

1,873 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadajada

I am on stock 4.2.2 now, rooted.

I would like to install stock 4.3 or try a 4.4 rom. What are my options for doing this? Is there a stock 4.3 ROM I can flash with cwm that doesn't bring knox and the new bootloader? Is the new bootloader (and knox) absolutely necessary for going 4.4?

If you are still in 4.2.2 stock rom with an Oldbootloader like me Feel free to flash a Pre-rooted BMGA rom from Djembey thread and Flash a Custom recovery and you can flash any Custom 4.3 rom you want..But if you dont give a deym about Voiding your warranty then feel free to flash a Stock 4.3 rom and get your self a Newbootloader and if you wanna flash a 4.4.2 Kitkat leak then you can no longer downgrade to stock 4.3 and your warranty is now void. but you can still downgrade to custom 4.3 roms. Have a nice day.
Last edited by Repulsa; 23rd January 2014 at 03:27 PM.
23rd January 2014, 04:11 PM   |  #4  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 256

799 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsa

If you are still in 4.2.2 stock rom with an Oldbootloader like me Feel free to flash a Pre-rooted BMGA rom from Djembey thread and Flash a Custom recovery and you can flash any Custom 4.3 rom you want..But if you dont give a deym about Voiding your warranty then feel free to flash a Stock 4.3 rom and get your self a Newbootloader and if you wanna flash a 4.4.2 Kitkat leak then you can no longer downgrade to stock 4.3 and your warranty is now void. but you can still downgrade to custom 4.3 roms. Have a nice day.

P.S. correct me if I'm wrong, but I think there are pre-rooted 4.3 stock firmware with no Knox, so you can enjoy stock without Knox. Not entirely sure, you'll have to search it up.

Smack that Thanks button if I helped!
KitKat came in on my OmniROM, running on my Note 2.
Sent from a small country called Singapore.
P.S. Time for school, not much time for XDA
23rd January 2014, 05:36 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 17

179 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsa

Took a look at the Djembey thread, but unsure which firmware to choose. There are quite a few to choose from... I need the latest 4.3 or 4.4 I can install with cwm without new bootloader or knox.
23rd January 2014, 05:56 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 19

263 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadajada

Took a look at the Djembey thread, but unsure which firmware to choose. There are quite a few to choose from... I need the latest 4.3 or 4.4 I can install with cwm without new bootloader or knox.

on 4.4 wifi will not work to make it work u will need the new bootloader chose any 4.3 odex or deodex fw.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread