Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,000 Members 48,813 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Upgrade from 4.2.2 to 4.3+ without getting Knox

Tip us?
 
jadajada
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 179
Join Date: Jul 2007
Default Upgrade from 4.2.2 to 4.3+ without getting Knox

I am on stock 4.2.2 now, rooted.

I would like to install stock 4.3 or try a 4.4 rom. What are my options for doing this? Is there a stock 4.3 ROM I can flash with cwm that doesn't bring knox and the new bootloader? Is the new bootloader (and knox) absolutely necessary for going 4.4?
 
A|ex
Old
#2  
A|ex's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 26
Posts: 865
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Hong Kong
stock firmware i get from www.sammobile.com, the questions have been answered a countless times before
EU regulation (1999/44/CE) Does not save you if you have a Samsung or HTC
 
Repulsa
Old
(Last edited by Repulsa; 23rd January 2014 at 02:27 PM.)
#3  
Repulsa's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,996
Posts: 1,843
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Your Mom's crib

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadajada View Post
I am on stock 4.2.2 now, rooted.

I would like to install stock 4.3 or try a 4.4 rom. What are my options for doing this? Is there a stock 4.3 ROM I can flash with cwm that doesn't bring knox and the new bootloader? Is the new bootloader (and knox) absolutely necessary for going 4.4?
If you are still in 4.2.2 stock rom with an Oldbootloader like me Feel free to flash a Pre-rooted BMGA rom from Djembey thread and Flash a Custom recovery and you can flash any Custom 4.3 rom you want..But if you dont give a deym about Voiding your warranty then feel free to flash a Stock 4.3 rom and get your self a Newbootloader and if you wanna flash a 4.4.2 Kitkat leak then you can no longer downgrade to stock 4.3 and your warranty is now void. but you can still downgrade to custom 4.3 roms. Have a nice day.
 
Quote:
That awkward moment when you're reading this comment and can't stop reading because you are so intrigued by it,that you keep reading,and then you realize it says nothing important.

Disclaimer "Proceed with extreme caution as i take no responsibility for any damages to your phone. Do it at your own Risk"

All 4.4.2 GT-I9505 Modem / LTE / Bootloader

 
Irwenzhao
Old
#4  
Irwenzhao's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 255
Posts: 799
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsa View Post
If you are still in 4.2.2 stock rom with an Oldbootloader like me Feel free to flash a Pre-rooted BMGA rom from Djembey thread and Flash a Custom recovery and you can flash any Custom 4.3 rom you want..But if you dont give a deym about Voiding your warranty then feel free to flash a Stock 4.3 rom and get your self a Newbootloader and if you wanna flash a 4.4.2 Kitkat leak then you can no longer downgrade to stock 4.3 and your warranty is now void. but you can still downgrade to custom 4.3 roms. Have a nice day.
P.S. correct me if I'm wrong, but I think there are pre-rooted 4.3 stock firmware with no Knox, so you can enjoy stock without Knox. Not entirely sure, you'll have to search it up.

Smack that Thanks button if I helped!
KitKat came in on my OmniROM, running on my Note 2.
Sent from a small country called Singapore.
P.S. Time for school, not much time for XDA
Living my life with my Find 7a
Rocking ParanoidAndroid 4.6 Beta 1
Take a second to click the "Thanks" button if I helped!
 
jadajada
Old
#5  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 179
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsa View Post
If you are still in 4.2.2 stock rom with an Oldbootloader like me Feel free to flash a Pre-rooted BMGA rom from Djembey thread and Flash a Custom recovery and you can flash any Custom 4.3 rom you want..But if you dont give a deym about Voiding your warranty then feel free to flash a Stock 4.3 rom and get your self a Newbootloader and if you wanna flash a 4.4.2 Kitkat leak then you can no longer downgrade to stock 4.3 and your warranty is now void. but you can still downgrade to custom 4.3 roms. Have a nice day.
Took a look at the Djembey thread, but unsure which firmware to choose. There are quite a few to choose from... I need the latest 4.3 or 4.4 I can install with cwm without new bootloader or knox.
 
terminator1983
Old
#6  
terminator1983's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 19
Posts: 263
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadajada View Post
Took a look at the Djembey thread, but unsure which firmware to choose. There are quite a few to choose from... I need the latest 4.3 or 4.4 I can install with cwm without new bootloader or knox.
on 4.4 wifi will not work to make it work u will need the new bootloader chose any 4.3 odex or deodex fw.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Add the Xperia Z2 Lock Screen to Your Favorite KitKat ROM

Almost every OEM adds its own unique flair to their stock firmwares. While some of … more

Android App Review: Control Your Phone with Quick Control Panel – XDA Developer TV

Your Android smart device has many features that you … more

Play Music on Android Wear with Stellio Music Player

Android Wear smartwatchesare growing inpopularity every day. Some devices have already … more

Schedule is up for xda:devcon ’14

With xda:devcon ’14 just around the corner, and the venue close to selling out, there is a lot … more