Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,000 Members 48,813 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Upgrade from 4.2.2 to 4.3+ without getting Knox

Tip us?

jadajada
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Default Upgrade from 4.2.2 to 4.3+ without getting Knox

I am on stock 4.2.2 now, rooted.

I would like to install stock 4.3 or try a 4.4 rom. What are my options for doing this? Is there a stock 4.3 ROM I can flash with cwm that doesn't bring knox and the new bootloader? Is the new bootloader (and knox) absolutely necessary for going 4.4?

A|ex
Old
Thanks Meter 26
stock firmware i get from www.sammobile.com, the questions have been answered a countless times before
EU regulation (1999/44/CE) Does not save you if you have a Samsung or HTC

Repulsa
Old
(Last edited by Repulsa; 23rd January 2014 at 02:27 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,996

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadajada View Post
I am on stock 4.2.2 now, rooted.

I would like to install stock 4.3 or try a 4.4 rom. What are my options for doing this? Is there a stock 4.3 ROM I can flash with cwm that doesn't bring knox and the new bootloader? Is the new bootloader (and knox) absolutely necessary for going 4.4?
If you are still in 4.2.2 stock rom with an Oldbootloader like me Feel free to flash a Pre-rooted BMGA rom from Djembey thread and Flash a Custom recovery and you can flash any Custom 4.3 rom you want..But if you dont give a deym about Voiding your warranty then feel free to flash a Stock 4.3 rom and get your self a Newbootloader and if you wanna flash a 4.4.2 Kitkat leak then you can no longer downgrade to stock 4.3 and your warranty is now void. but you can still downgrade to custom 4.3 roms. Have a nice day.

Quote:
That awkward moment when you're reading this comment and can't stop reading because you are so intrigued by it,that you keep reading,and then you realize it says nothing important.

Disclaimer "Proceed with extreme caution as i take no responsibility for any damages to your phone. Do it at your own Risk"

All 4.4.2 GT-I9505 Modem / LTE / Bootloader

Irwenzhao
Old
Thanks Meter 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsa View Post
If you are still in 4.2.2 stock rom with an Oldbootloader like me Feel free to flash a Pre-rooted BMGA rom from Djembey thread and Flash a Custom recovery and you can flash any Custom 4.3 rom you want..But if you dont give a deym about Voiding your warranty then feel free to flash a Stock 4.3 rom and get your self a Newbootloader and if you wanna flash a 4.4.2 Kitkat leak then you can no longer downgrade to stock 4.3 and your warranty is now void. but you can still downgrade to custom 4.3 roms. Have a nice day.
P.S. correct me if I'm wrong, but I think there are pre-rooted 4.3 stock firmware with no Knox, so you can enjoy stock without Knox. Not entirely sure, you'll have to search it up.

Smack that Thanks button if I helped!
KitKat came in on my OmniROM, running on my Note 2.
Sent from a small country called Singapore.
P.S. Time for school, not much time for XDA
Living my life with my Find 7a
Rocking ParanoidAndroid 4.6 Beta 1
Take a second to click the "Thanks" button if I helped!

jadajada
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsa View Post
Took a look at the Djembey thread, but unsure which firmware to choose. There are quite a few to choose from... I need the latest 4.3 or 4.4 I can install with cwm without new bootloader or knox.

terminator1983
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadajada View Post
Took a look at the Djembey thread, but unsure which firmware to choose. There are quite a few to choose from... I need the latest 4.3 or 4.4 I can install with cwm without new bootloader or knox.
on 4.4 wifi will not work to make it work u will need the new bootloader chose any 4.3 odex or deodex fw.