Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,095 Members 40,894 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

"cyanogenmod account has stopped" after flashing ZVC stock rooted ROM

Tip us?

max12344
Old
(Last edited by max12344; 23rd January 2014 at 06:06 AM.) Reason: spelling
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default "cyanogenmod account has stopped" after flashing ZVC stock rooted ROM

Hi,
Yesterday I posted about why my Wifi and 3G didn't work after flashing CM11. With the help of of engine95 I got this to work (thanks!) but now I am running into another problem:

The GPS doesn't work. As far as I can tell the standard solution is to flash stock again and get a GPS fix, then go to back to CM. So I flashed ZVC_Stock_Root.zip again. This worked yesterday, but today it shows a message "cyanogenmod account has stopped" and reboots after a while. I have done a factory reset and wiped Dalvik cache but the message still appears.

Does anybody know how to fix this?
The Following User Says Thank You to max12344 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RegKilla
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Delete system in recovery and re-flash ZVC stock zip to get rid of pop up message.
The Following User Says Thank You to RegKilla For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

engine95
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 988
Quote:
Originally Posted by max12344 View Post
Hi,
Yesterday I posted about why my Wifi and 3G didn't work after flashing CM11. With the help of of engine95 I got this to work (thanks!) but now I am running into another problem:

The GPS doesn't work. As far as I can tell the standard solution is to flash stock again and get a GPS fix, then go to back to CM. So I flashed ZVC_Stock_Root.zip again. This worked yesterday, but today it shows a message "cyanogenmod account has stopped" and reboots after a while. I have done a factory reset and wiped Dalvik cache but the message still appears.

Does anybody know how to fix this?
This ^^^^^^.
Also. when you flash to the stock ZVC, make sure everything is working and make a backup in TWRP/CWM. That way you can bounce back and forth when CM/AOSP Rom's have issue's that need to be fixed with stock. ie update profile prl, GPS.
Thanks to HPTesla and PartimusPrime!!! Whoohoo!!

max12344
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by engine95 View Post
This ^^^^^^.
Also. when you flash to the stock ZVC, make sure everything is working and make a backup in TWRP/CWM. That way you can bounce back and forth when CM/AOSP Rom's have issue's that need to be fixed with stock. ie update profile prl, GPS.
Thanks a lot, everybody. Formatting system allowed me to boot up stock and get a GPS fix. I have backed up stock and can switch easily between CM and stock now.

It took a while but now I have a fully functioning Optimus G with CM11.