[Q] HTC one bricked. Need help to recover

OP pycckuu_4ejl

23rd January 2014, 06:37 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hello guys.
I've tried to install last cyanogenmod and I missed bunch of steps I guess. But I made a backup in TWRP before trying to flash it. I wiped cache and Dalvik.
Tried installing it again and still failed. At this point I tried rebooting my phone and found out that it doesn't boot and reboots to recovery.
Before trying all this I transferred all backup files to PC and deleted it from my HTC one.
After that I renamed it and managed to push it through ADB back to my HTC one. Then I checked "Recovery" option in HTC one and nothing showed up.
I moved *.zip archinve to /sdcard/TWRP/backups/FA38MS9572653/
but still it doesn't show up in recovery.
What could be a reason and could somebody for the love of god lead me in right direction.
23rd January 2014, 04:49 PM   |  #2  
Flag Carrollton
Thanks Meter: 68

538 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pycckuu_4ejl

Hello guys.
I've tried to install last cyanogenmod and I missed bunch of steps I guess. But I made a backup in TWRP before trying to flash it. I wiped cache and Dalvik.
Tried installing it again and still failed. At this point I tried rebooting my phone and found out that it doesn't boot and reboots to recovery.
Before trying all this I transferred all backup files to PC and deleted it from my HTC one.
After that I renamed it and managed to push it through ADB back to my HTC one. Then I checked "Recovery" option in HTC one and nothing showed up.
What could be a reason and could somebody for the love of god lead me in right direction.

If you can get to recovery, you're not bricked. You can use sideload ADB to load up a new ROM. I'm a little confused why you can't restore your TWRP backup, though. Any progress?
23rd January 2014, 04:55 PM   |  #3  
Flag Michigan City, IN
Thanks Meter: 923

3,138 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Hello guys.

The backup should not be zipped. It should be at /sdcard/TWRP/BACKUP/FA38MS9572653/*dated_folder*/*backup_files*. Backup files are boot.emmc.win, system.ext4.win, etc.

If you renamed it it must not contain any spaces anywhere in the file path. (*/BACKUP/FA38MS9572653/my backup/) will not work because there is a space between my and backup.
Last edited by cmlusco; 23rd January 2014 at 05:03 PM.
23rd January 2014, 04:58 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Muti-Verse
Thanks Meter: 1,537

1,904 posts
Donate to Me
More
Fastboot
Quote:

Hello guys.

Can you enter fastboot and can your PC see your device in fastboot mode??
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread