Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Those who are now on KitKat (TouchWiz) any regrets?

OP Hakired

22nd January 2014, 12:51 PM   |  #11  
Flag Waratah
Thanks Meter: 580

4,476 posts
I actually love the battery life on Kitkat... I have removed both Note 3's, sporting JB and Kitkat from power at the same time. I've been using the Kitkat phone all day making calls, sms'ing and other various things not to mention the auto updates...
Both phones have the same setup and syncing but the Kitkat phone which is being used has more power than JB phone which has sat on my bed all day long doing what it wants and not being used. It's down to 78% over about 11 hours. The Kiktkat one is at 86% ad has been used all day.
That's brilliant as far as I'm concerned...
23rd January 2014, 08:20 AM   |  #12  
Flag Bristol
Thanks Meter: 78

584 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alom5

Call recording doesn't work and the camera is worse, I have flickering lines on my camera which I never had. But the phone is super fast and the battery is a great improvement. I wouldn't say you need to be on kit Kat if you are happy on 4.3....but the Poland firmware is obviously a test firmware.... So when all regions get it... Should be much better.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Thats interesting, you never had flickering before you updated?

Mines been off for repair and is due back today. I dont know what they've done yet but I'd be surprised if software was the problem.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
23rd January 2014, 10:47 AM   |  #13  
Flag Waratah
Thanks Meter: 580

4,476 posts
Apparently the Balitic now has 4.4.2 firmware, according to Sammobile... Its the same build though...
23rd January 2014, 02:13 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 99

428 posts
Well I would say the only regret is missing the ability to flash 4.3 ROMs and CM. Otherwise seems smoother and faster. So if you do like the TW features I would suggest upgrading.

Been upgraded for a couple of days know, busting my head around how to revert back to CM but I realized putting CM is not very productive when you think about it. The 4.4 stock ROM is damn fast so the only difference I'm seeing is in RAM Usage (stock ROM using much more ram naturally), but does it really matter on a device with 3GBs of Ram? I've never once been close to hitting that mark.. You do get all the S Pen features and stuff that probably made you buy the device in the first place.

So basically:

TW pluses
no bugs
S Pen and other features

CM pluses
no bloat
more customization options and annoyances fixed that should've been there in the first place.
23rd January 2014, 04:23 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 177

719 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skibadee

Thats interesting, you never had flickering before you updated?

Mines been off for repair and is due back today. I dont know what they've done yet but I'd be surprised if software was the problem.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I didn't have any flickering before at all. I have flashed a few different roms... And it seems to have gone now... I think 😁

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
23rd January 2014, 05:50 PM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 4

21 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by polish_pat

works fine for me...

Who's service do you use and which modem or radio do you have loaded. I have wind in Vancouver which does not use LTE but wonder if a different radio will allow me to use LTE from another carrier ie. say Rogers if I am out of coverage area of Wind. I notice with the stock Samsung software and Wind in Vancouver if I loose signal it sometimes does not automatically log back in even though I am within coverage area. My only complaint so far.
23rd January 2014, 06:01 PM   |  #17  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 387

1,540 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash515

Who's service do you use and which modem or radio do you have loaded. I have wind in Vancouver which does not use LTE but wonder if a different radio will allow me to use LTE from another carrier ie. say Rogers if I am out of coverage area of Wind. I notice with the stock Samsung software and Wind in Vancouver if I loose signal it sometimes does not automatically log back in even though I am within coverage area. My only complaint so far.

It turns out it doesn't work. The call record button is there but nothing happens when i press it.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread