Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,443 Members 39,214 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] AOSP unfortunately not stopped working error

Tip us?

dodge20
Old
(Last edited by dodge20; 23rd January 2014 at 08:01 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] AOSP unfortunately not stopped working error

I flashed my atrix 2 with Pacman JB 4.3 (official, august 2013 RC1). But I'm getting an error "AOSP unfortunately stopped working" for every few seconds. I tried removing the cache for AOSP under Settings->App. Still no use. I tried flashing the rom again, still the error persists.

And the settings menu is very small ( the list will be on the left and when i click an option, the relevant settings appears on the right ) ( Its more like two frames in one page ). How to change this too ?

gapps installed : gapps-jb-20130813
rom : pac_edison-milestone.1.RC1

Thanks..

noranora
Old
(Last edited by noranora; 23rd January 2014 at 08:40 AM.)
Thanks Meter 64
Sounds like wrong gapps. But is correct tho. Try again. From start. Format system in bmm. And different gapps. To disable dual pane in setting, open hybrid engine and select 1.6 layout (if I'm not mistaken).

Edit:
You flashed 4.2 jb of pacman. That was why you got such error. Use 4.2 gapps.
The Following User Says Thank You to noranora For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dodge20
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you so much. Works Great.. One more query, My atrix 2 is Indian Version. And when I flash with latest JB 4.3 based pacman nightly version, I'm not able to add APN (gprs) settings. When i click add and save the settings, its not getting saved. Its just blank.

I tried re flashing, erasing the cache, etc.

Even when i contacted the customer service ( carrier ), to send me the APN configuration SMS. My phone couldnt receive it. But as soon as i put my sim in another phone, all the config sms got received.

Thanks..

noranora
Old
Thanks Meter 64
Idk. Mine was working great. Perhap you wanna give APN backup & restore a shot. Available on playstore. Be sure to read instructions there. It works for me major time.