Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,490 Members 50,346 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SGS4 MK2 Safestrap 3.71.. stuck at samsung custom boot logo

Tip us?

alex8525
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
One more question.

Will I be charged anything if I go to a Best Buy Samsung Experience Shop for a re-flash?

Regards,
Alex

DeadlySin9
Old
Thanks Meter 620

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex8525 View Post
Yes I restarted between flashes. And I think everything went the way it should. So, also flashed MK2Recovery and now I am able to boot in to recovery. After booting in to recovery I flashed update.zip from the post. But still I am not able to boot in to system. Phone reboots and go in to a black screen with blue pulsating LED. If I connect the phone to PC, I can access SD Card and Device storage.

Is there anything I can do? Do I need to visit Best Buy? (or even it won't work?)

Regards,
Did it do that small update the first time you went into recovery? It should automatically flash something the first time you go in and then reboot, and then you flash the MK2 file.
Current Device: ATT Samsung Galaxy S4 (i337)

Past Devices:
Droid Bionic (GSM Hacked)
HTC Inspire 4G (Desire HD)
Nexus One
Motorola Backflip
HTC Dev Phone 1 (Dream/G1)
The Following User Says Thank You to DeadlySin9 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

alex8525
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted77usa View Post
This would bring u back to MK2..... and the MF3> Mk2 update. Zip files from OP ( Original Post)...... or Post#1.... Goodluck. ....

Swyped from MK2 Dark Carnage SS Edition
Hey Guys,

Just to let you know. I went to Best Buy samsung experience and that guy didn't know much. He took 10 minutes to get in to recovery and tried to factory rest, which didn't work. Later he took another 10 minutes to get in to download mode and then connected phone to his computer. He tried to reflash system with SMART but SMART said couldn't recognize the phone!! (Do you guys know what might be the reason?) After few trys he gave up and asked me to send device back to samsung.

After that I tried ted77usa's guide again and it worked this time!! So I am back on MK2, rooted with saferoot, safestrapped and now on Hyperdrive!!

Thank you very much guys. You are awesome.

Regards,
Alex