Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Android system drain after factory reset.

OP Pokkle

23rd January 2014, 05:28 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
I'm starting to think the goodness of the Note 3 battery is becoming a joke. What I did was clear my cache partition and did a factory reset after from the recovery menu. I have not installed any other apps yet. I just set up dropbox, play books, email, etc. Normal things for normal use.

I did a reset because my battery was draining before and I thought a reset could resolve it. I need to ask for solutions as this is really giving me a headache.

Don't ask if I have turned off this or that, most probably I did as I read from multiple threads. Those threads are only guessing or otherwise throwing the OP in a loop for the search of answers.

Xda, I need your help to figure out how to SOLVE this stupid drain.

Note on the screenshot: I took that screen after 30 mins after plugging it out. It drained 2% while I was doing absolutely nothing but stare at the Android System bar graph go higher. Its like a plague for the damn phone.


---

Edit:
I installed BBS and here are screenshots of the partial and kernel wakelock. Is this normal though? This happened while I was sleeping overnight and I have not installed any apps other than BBS. This is how my stats were before and my battery is draining fast especially when I'm using my phone.

Thing is, I have set all measures possible to extend battery life non rooted and it goes down by the minute of light use.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-01-24-00-11-49.png
Views:	255
Size:	253.4 KB
ID:	2534552   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-01-24-00-12-15.png
Views:	240
Size:	234.5 KB
ID:	2534553   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-01-24-09-33-40.png
Views:	8
Size:	232.6 KB
ID:	2535517   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-01-24-09-33-57.png
Views:	6
Size:	244.3 KB
ID:	2535518  
Last edited by Pokkle; 24th January 2014 at 02:38 AM.
x102x96x
23rd January 2014, 05:45 PM   |  #2  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokkle

I'm starting to think the goodness of the Note 3 battery is becoming a joke. What I did was clear my cache partition and did a factory reset after from the recovery menu. I have not installed any other apps yet. I just set up dropbox, play books, email, etc. Normal things for normal use.

I did a reset because my battery was draining before and I thought a reset could resolve it. I need to ask for solutions as this is really giving me a headache.

Don't ask if I have turned off this or that, most probably I did as I read from multiple threads. Those threads are only guessing or otherwise throwing the OP in a loop for the search of answers.

Xda, I need your help to figure out how to SOLVE this stupid drain.

Note on the screenshot: I took that screen after 30 mins after plugging it out. It drained 2% while I was doing absolutely nothing but stare at the Android System bar graph go higher. Its like a plague for the damn phone.

at least should mentioned ur model n900 or n9005!?

anyway i did this for my N900 after i got battery draining once and it solve problem;
when it discharge to ~15% turn it off and connect it to charger and let it charging 100%
it can help battery to charge without using it at same time
i mentioned it before several times (in another threads) it s like re-gauging battery.

another thing u can do is flashing another stock firmware
but search for the more stable firmware.
23rd January 2014, 05:49 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Sorry! I have the SM-N9005. Bought from the Philippines (Smart carrier)
23rd January 2014, 05:58 PM   |  #4  
radicalisto's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag York
Thanks Meter: 1,511
 
3,701 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokkle

I'm starting to think the goodness of the Note 3 battery is becoming a joke. What I did was clear my cache partition and did a factory reset after from the recovery menu. I have not installed any other apps yet. I just set up dropbox, play books, email, etc. Normal things for normal use.

I did a reset because my battery was draining before and I thought a reset could resolve it. I need to ask for solutions as this is really giving me a headache.

Don't ask if I have turned off this or that, most probably I did as I read from multiple threads. Those threads are only guessing or otherwise throwing the OP in a loop for the search of answers.

Xda, I need your help to figure out how to SOLVE this stupid drain.

Note on the screenshot: I took that screen after 30 mins after plugging it out. It drained 2% while I was doing absolutely nothing but stare at the Android System bar graph go higher. Its like a plague for the damn phone.

The joys of Android!

Wakelock detector and BetterBatteryStats are your best friend in regards to stuff like that. - Usually it's Alarmmanager or something similar that causes it. What generally fixed it for me was switching ROMS
23rd January 2014, 06:22 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalisto

The joys of Android!

Wakelock detector and BetterBatteryStats are your best friend in regards to stuff like that. - Usually it's Alarmmanager or something similar that causes it. What generally fixed it for me was switching ROMS

The joys Android bring me alright...

I downloaded bbs and will check after I wake up!

*rooting, switching roms and other watchamacallit are out of my comfort zone atm. I am trying to read about them alright but idk, I just don't get it lol. The Note 3 is my first Android/smartphone coming from the olden mobile phone days.
23rd January 2014, 06:26 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 331
 
1,144 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokkle

Sorry! I have the SM-N9005. Bought from the Philippines (Smart carrier)

Do you also have a microSD or a large amount of custom files in your (internal or external) memory? Since when you do factory-reset you also clear all the preliminary indexes and caches that the system created, and it will work pretty hard to re-index all that after first reboot!
23rd January 2014, 06:27 PM   |  #7  
radicalisto's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag York
Thanks Meter: 1,511
 
3,701 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
Donate to Me
More
Ahh wise not messing if out of your comfort zone then, sensible guy.

However, have a good read around, you'll find after some heavy duty reading you'll probably feel alright in maybe trying rooting and debloating some apps etc. But then again, you might not. That is one of the best things about Android, you can play around to suit your needs whether novice or pro.

Also, if you do fancy rooting and need help you can post here, or you can just shoot me a PM I'll help you over the first hurdle at least if you want
The Following User Says Thank You to radicalisto For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd January 2014, 06:40 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by xclub_101

Do you also have a microSD or a large amount of custom files in your (internal or external) memory? Since when you do factory-reset you also clear all the preliminary indexes and caches that the system created, and it will work pretty hard to re-index all that after first reboot!

No, I don't have an SD card inserted. This is my second reboot since trying to solve the problem.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes