[Q] What would cause books to crash a kindle?
Kindle Fire HD ver 22.214.171.124
For some reason every book reader app ive tried crashes the kindle. At least i think its a crash. It basically goes down like this..
- start kindle
- start up my book reader (tried moonreader+, aldiko book reader) now using calibre on pc to convert books to mobi
- read book for around 40 minutes or so then it restarts itself
- wait for it to finish starting back up
- read but this time it crashes quicker
- kindle restarts and repeat the process
- keeps resetting quicker and quicker and eventually i just stop reading
This only happens when trying to read books. It also seems to trigger the crash in the future. If i was to open a reader, close it and play a game or something eventually the kindle will restart. Games never crash my kindle but only if i open a book reader first it seems to crash it eventually.
Would a bad root or bad books cause this? The kindles sleep setting is set to disabled and ive tried different book readers then finally settling on calibre and just converting them from epub to mobi. Also tried using that wakelock app and it does nothing.
What sucks is my wife wanted a kindle so bad for reading books and the kindle does EVERYTHING else except book reading
Also i just realized if i were to go into the settings menu and just leave it there, eventually it would restart itself the same way it does with books but im not sure if its the same thing cause i had it charging when that happened.