Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

If you think your Nexus is dead, check for loose screws under the ribbon connectors.

OP ProudRambo

23rd January 2014, 06:59 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

1 posts
More
tl;dr: Check out whether one of your missing screws has got stuck in the tiny space underneath the ribbon connectors (CHECK ATTACHED PHOTOS)

Click image for larger version

Name:	missing.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	124.4 KB
ID:	2534866Click image for larger version

Name:	space.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	2534865

long story: I'm far from wealthy, but I wanted to get my parents some piece of electronic that they can surf the web and have fun with. I found this cheap used Nexus 7 online and today I've been basically playing around with it all day checking out different roms and stuff.

At one point I had to unplug the battery because I couldn't shut down the tablet. When I did that, while holding the tablet I shook it up a little and heard something loose in it. I noticed there were screws missing. One of the screws was poking out from underneath the charging ribbon. Without taking off the ribbon I tried to wiggle it around a bit with a screwdriver, hoping it would come out, but instead it got stuck inside a little further. I noticed the noise when shaking the device was gone, so I just put on the cover back on and tried to start it. It wouldn't even light up.

I obviously tried everything suggested on the web. Holding the power button for 30s and such. I plugged the Nexus for charging and heard a little buzzing sound coming FROM THE TABLET. I got curious, so I took off the back again, removed the battery and plugged in the USB charger again. The buzz was still there and it was coming from around the charger ribbon. I unplugged it, removed the screw that got stuck inside and the tablet works again. It must've been causing a short circuit, or something.

I'm so ****ing happy, you have no idea.

Thankfully it works flawlessly, the battery is fine and it charges alright.

I really hope this helps somebody out. I thought the tablet was done, but thankfully I'm as lucky as I am dumb.

Feel free to add this suggestion to any Nexus 7 Helper topic of any sorts.
Last edited by ProudRambo; 23rd January 2014 at 07:14 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ProudRambo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread