XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

moto g battery saver cant be enabled

Tip us?

denzel09
Old
Thanks Meter 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj2112 View Post
Freeze them rather than delete. You aren't saving hardly any space removing them. Then you always have the option of unfreezing.

Sent from my Moto X cellular telephone...

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

If you don't use it...I'd disable it.

I'm sure the Moto g isn't much different ...but on my x I tried battery saver vs no battery saver. The difference was barely noticeable ...if any. Without it I get as good of battery life as any I've seen with an x.

You have tried qualcomm battery saver? If yes, how is it?

kj2112
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1657
Quote:
Originally Posted by denzel09 View Post
You have tried qualcomm battery saver? If yes, how is it?
I typically get 28 hours with 5 and half or more screen time....with battery saver it wasn't much different. Of course my usage may have been different ...but either way I saw no real improvement. Now I have every single Motorola app frozen, except active notification and touch less control...so battery saver isn't an option.

This is on a Moto x of course ...maybe its better on a Moto g....tho from what I've seen battery life is amazing anyway on the g.

The Following User Says Thank You to kj2112 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

neu - smurph
Old
Thanks Meter 34
All the Moto Assist Battery Saver setting does is disable background data across the board when battery hits 15% or less. It does allow for a good hour or two of screen time sub 15% if you can't charge. Don't think it has any effect at above 15%.

Sent from my XT1032 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

kj2112
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1657
Quote:
Originally Posted by neu - smurph View Post
All the Moto Assist Battery Saver setting does is disable background data across the board when battery hits 15% or less. It does allow for a good hour or two of screen time sub 15% if you can't charge. Don't think it has any effect at above 15%.

Sent from my XT1032 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
My guess is it would help light users the most. Standby time would benefit.

But like juice defender...not much use for moderate to heavy users.