Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,682 Members 42,475 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Please help - I fear my Nexus is bricked

Tip us?
 
spud_work
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 350
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Out there
Default Please help - I fear my Nexus is bricked

Hi,

I'm sorry to trouble you all, but I fear that my lovely new tablet is bricked

I unlocked/rooted 6 days ago using Wug's tool and everything has been fine. Turned the tablet on today and all i get is the white google logo and the unlocked symbol at the bottom.

I can't get to bootloader or recovery by the power/volume buttons. If i hold down power and vol down for long enough I get a picture of a dead android with a red warning triangle over his chest

There is a windows sound when the device is plugged in via USB, but nothing appears in device manager.

As such, I am at a bit of a loss as to what to do, can anyone help please?
 
datallboy
Old
#2  
datallboy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 88
Posts: 480
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Fremont, OH

 
DONATE TO ME
Close to impossible to brick a nexus device.

Recommend downloading the factory image, unzip and run the flash all batch file.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
Tablets

8GB Nook Tablet (Retired): Nexus 7 FHD 2013:
  • ROM: Rooted Stock
  • Kernel ElementalX 2.7
  • Build: KOT49H

Phones

Nexus 5:
  • ROM: Rooted Stock
  • Kernel ElementalX 0.34
  • Build: KOT49H

Email: datallboy@gmail.com
 
LinearEquation
Old
#3  
LinearEquation's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 400
Posts: 1,683
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Midwest

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by spud_work View Post
Hi,

I'm sorry to trouble you all, but I fear that my lovely new tablet is bricked

I unlocked/rooted 6 days ago using Wug's tool and everything has been fine. Turned the tablet on today and all i get is the white google logo and the unlocked symbol at the bottom.

I can't get to bootloader or recovery by the power/volume buttons. If i hold down power and vol down for long enough I get a picture of a dead android with a red warning triangle over his chest

There is a windows sound when the device is plugged in via USB, but nothing appears in device manager.

As such, I am at a bit of a loss as to what to do, can anyone help please?
Shut down nexus 7. Now hold volume down and power. When you see the next screen you will press up until the you see recovery mode. Now press power and you will see the Android guy and the red exclamation point. Hold the power and the volume up. You should now be in recovery mode. Use fastboot commands to restore.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running Odex SinLess ROM 4.4.2 with ElementalX kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
[ROOT] 2013 KFHD7 Soho firmware 11.x.x.x (no camera)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...44736&page=101 If needed contact @GranPC for an updated Firerooter.
[Root] 2012 KFHD7 Tate http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1886460
2nd [Bootloader]/[TWRP] KFHD7 Tate
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2128848
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2271909
KFHD7 Tate System Restore Tool http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1951254
The Following User Says Thank You to LinearEquation For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
spud_work
Old
#4  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 350
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Out there
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinearEquation View Post
Shut down nexus 7. Now hold volume down and power. When you see the next screen you will press up until the you see recovery mode. Now press power and you will see the Android guy and the red exclamation point. Hold the power and the volume up. You should now be in recovery mode. Use fastboot commands to restore.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running Odex SinLess ROM 4.4.2 with ElementalX kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Thank you so much, that has got me back sorted again.

Great instructions and easy to follow/understand - Thank you!
 
LinearEquation
Old
#5  
LinearEquation's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 400
Posts: 1,683
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Midwest

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by spud_work View Post
Thank you so much, that has got me back sorted again.

Great instructions and easy to follow/understand - Thank you!
You're welcome. Glad you it working.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running Odex SinLess ROM 4.4.2 with ElementalX kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
[ROOT] 2013 KFHD7 Soho firmware 11.x.x.x (no camera)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...44736&page=101 If needed contact @GranPC for an updated Firerooter.
[Root] 2012 KFHD7 Tate http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1886460
2nd [Bootloader]/[TWRP] KFHD7 Tate
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2128848
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2271909
KFHD7 Tate System Restore Tool http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1951254
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes