Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,868 Members 42,558 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Android Studio Says Device Not Compatible

Tip us?

briandaflyin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Android Studio Says Device Not Compatible

Hello,
I am trying to be able to use adb to send the app to my phone for development purposes. I have used eclipse and it worked with my phone, but recently I have switched to android studio. When I try to send my app to my phone, it says the phone is "not compatible". It works on my nexus 7. My phone is a note 2 on stock 4.3 verizon rom. I have usb debugging enabled/installer option on. How can I fix this issue. Also, it seems that this is not a common problem, I looked for it for a while and couldn't find anything that pertained to this issue. Thanks for any help.
Brian
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	303
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	2530560  

GermainZ
Old
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 6,221
I haven't seen that error before myself, but could the app be the problem? Are you sure it's compatible with your phone (min SDK version, required features, etc?)
The Following User Says Thank You to GermainZ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

briandaflyin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
It seems android studio adds some line of code that is not compatible with 4.3 if you select compile with 4.4. Anyway, I think I will use eclipse, as studio does not run properly with my phone, it runs into an error in when I try to run it. Thanks for your help though!