5,600,382 Members 32,167 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can't install hltexx CM rom on hltexx SM-N9005 device.

Tip us?
 
nexussp
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Jan 2014
Unhappy [Q] Can't install hltexx CM rom on hltexx SM-N9005 device.

Hello guys, I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005 device on which I installed CyanogenMOD from a tutorial I found on the Internet, but everytime I was going through my Setting > About I could see that it showed my device as an N9000 device. So now I was thinking to do a reinstall with the correct hltexx version but when I'm trying to install the cm-11-20140123-NIGHTLY-hltexx.zip It shows me an ERROR: 'This package is for "hltexx" devices; this is a "hlte".

What can I do to fix my phone? I have already formated everything and I'm just waiting for a solution. I searched already on google but I couldn't find anything.

Thank you in advance, I will try to reply instantly check back if you replied. I hope I didn't broke my device.
Sorry for my English.
 
radicalisto
Old
#2  
radicalisto's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1241
Posts: 3,077
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: York

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexussp View Post
Hello guys, I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005 device on which I installed CyanogenMOD from a tutorial I found on the Internet, but everytime I was going through my Setting > About I could see that it showed my device as an N9000 device. So now I was thinking to do a reinstall with the correct hltexx version but when I'm trying to install the cm-11-20140123-NIGHTLY-hltexx.zip It shows me an ERROR: 'This package is for "hltexx" devices; this is a "hlte".

What can I do to fix my phone? I have already formated everything and I'm just waiting for a solution. I searched already on google but I couldn't find anything.

Thank you in advance, I will try to reply instantly check back if you replied. I hope I didn't broke my device.
Sorry for my English.
You need to edit your updater script.

OR

You can try one of the custom CM's we have HERE on XDA, that have all the CM features plus some extra's baked in
// Nexus 5 (D821) // Liquid // UBER //
// Note 3 (SM-N9005) // AOSP ROM of variety // Lean or temasek's Kernel // - Dumped. No more Samsung
 
A.N.Droid
Old
#3  
A.N.Droid's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 47
Posts: 167
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexussp View Post
Hello guys, I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005 device on which I installed CyanogenMOD from a tutorial I found on the Internet, but everytime I was going through my Setting > About I could see that it showed my device as an N9000 device. So now I was thinking to do a reinstall with the correct hltexx version but when I'm trying to install the cm-11-20140123-NIGHTLY-hltexx.zip It shows me an ERROR: 'This package is for "hltexx" devices; this is a "hlte".

What can I do to fix my phone? I have already formated everything and I'm just waiting for a solution. I searched already on google but I couldn't find anything.

Thank you in advance, I will try to reply instantly check back if you replied. I hope I didn't broke my device.
Sorry for my English.
common problem !
extract the updater-script from the cm archive. folder = \META-INF\com\google\android
open in texteditor, remove the first line and save the file. (first line is the device check.)
repack the file to the archive.
flash and enjoy !
Device: SM-N9005 international, Snapdragon (hltexx)
ROM: ROM: BoBCaTROM_EVO_7.01
Kernel: CivZ 2.2
Mods: ViPER4Android Audio Effects
KNOX 0x1 enhanced user experience
 
nexussp
Old
(Last edited by nexussp; 23rd January 2014 at 03:49 PM.)
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalisto View Post
You need to edit your updater script.

OR

You can try one of the custom CM's we have HERE on XDA, that have all the CM features plus some extra's baked in
Thank you! Wow, so many of them which should I try. For start I will try to edit my updater script and if it doesn't work I will try something from that huge list you gave me! Thank you again!

Thank you A.N.Droid. I can't find the updater-script in META-INF>com>google>android. The only thing I can find there is the: metadata and otacert file, maybe it's because I'm using Linux and I don't have the right Archive Manager.

Should I delete the third line in metadata?

Quote:
post-build=samsung/hltetmo/hltetmo:4.3/JSS15J/N900TUVUBMI7:user/release-keys
post-timestamp=1390477424
pre-device=hltexx
 
radicalisto
Old
#5  
radicalisto's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1241
Posts: 3,077
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: York

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexussp View Post
Thank you! Wow, so many of them which should I try. For start I will try to edit my updater script and if it doesn't work I will try something from that huge list you gave me! Thank you again!

Thank you A.N.Droid. I can't find the updater-script in META-INF>com>google>android. The only thing I can find there is the: metadata and otacert file, maybe it's because I'm using Linux and I don't have the right Archive Manager.

Should I delete the third line in metadata?
Remove the two xx
// Nexus 5 (D821) // Liquid // UBER //
// Note 3 (SM-N9005) // AOSP ROM of variety // Lean or temasek's Kernel // - Dumped. No more Samsung
 
A.N.Droid
Old
#6  
A.N.Droid's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 47
Posts: 167
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalisto View Post
Remove the two xx
does this work too ? just wonderig...

@nexussp
you looked at the wrong folder(\META-INF\com\android). updater script is located at \META-INF\com\google\android
Device: SM-N9005 international, Snapdragon (hltexx)
ROM: ROM: BoBCaTROM_EVO_7.01
Kernel: CivZ 2.2
Mods: ViPER4Android Audio Effects
KNOX 0x1 enhanced user experience
 
nexussp
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.N.Droid View Post
does this work too ? just wonderig...

@nexussp
you looked at the wrong folder(\META-INF\com\android). updater script is located at \META-INF\com\google\android
I just realized that. THANK YOU EVERYONE, my phone is fine and is working like a charm.
And removing the two xx from hltexx in metadata doesn't work.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Intelligently Place Contacts on Your Home Screen with CallWho Widget

There are plenty of ways to get your contacts to show up on your … more

Control TWRP from within Android with TWRP Coordinator

You may recall that back when TWRP2 introduced a couple of years ago, it brought with … more

Keep Track of Everything Your Device Does with Event Logger

Regardless of their OS choice, computing power users generally share one common … more

A More Competitive Spin on the Addictive 2048 Puzzle

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we talked about a rather interesting take on … more