Easily Generate and Export Material Design Palletes

For many people, it can be pretty difficult to create a palette of complementary colors. … more

Android One Expanding to Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka

At Google I/O 2013, Google proudly announced that the Android operating system was … more

Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Can't install hltexx CM rom on hltexx SM-N9005 device.

OP nexussp

23rd January 2014, 04:36 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hello guys, I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005 device on which I installed CyanogenMOD from a tutorial I found on the Internet, but everytime I was going through my Setting > About I could see that it showed my device as an N9000 device. So now I was thinking to do a reinstall with the correct hltexx version but when I'm trying to install the cm-11-20140123-NIGHTLY-hltexx.zip It shows me an ERROR: 'This package is for "hltexx" devices; this is a "hlte".

What can I do to fix my phone? I have already formated everything and I'm just waiting for a solution. I searched already on google but I couldn't find anything.

Thank you in advance, I will try to reply instantly check back if you replied. I hope I didn't broke my device.
Sorry for my English.
23rd January 2014, 04:40 PM   |  #2  
Flag York
Thanks Meter: 1,511

3,701 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexussp

Hello guys, I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005 device on which I installed CyanogenMOD from a tutorial I found on the Internet, but everytime I was going through my Setting > About I could see that it showed my device as an N9000 device. So now I was thinking to do a reinstall with the correct hltexx version but when I'm trying to install the cm-11-20140123-NIGHTLY-hltexx.zip It shows me an ERROR: 'This package is for "hltexx" devices; this is a "hlte".

What can I do to fix my phone? I have already formated everything and I'm just waiting for a solution. I searched already on google but I couldn't find anything.

Thank you in advance, I will try to reply instantly check back if you replied. I hope I didn't broke my device.
Sorry for my English.

You need to edit your updater script.

OR

You can try one of the custom CM's we have HERE on XDA, that have all the CM features plus some extra's baked in
23rd January 2014, 04:43 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 53

182 posts
More
Quote:

Sorry for my English.

common problem !
extract the updater-script from the cm archive. folder = \META-INF\com\google\android
open in texteditor, remove the first line and save the file. (first line is the device check.)
repack the file to the archive.
flash and enjoy !
23rd January 2014, 04:43 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalisto

You need to edit your updater script.

OR

You can try one of the custom CM's we have HERE on XDA, that have all the CM features plus some extra's baked in

Thank you! Wow, so many of them which should I try. For start I will try to edit my updater script and if it doesn't work I will try something from that huge list you gave me! Thank you again!

Thank you A.N.Droid. I can't find the updater-script in META-INF>com>google>android. The only thing I can find there is the: metadata and otacert file, maybe it's because I'm using Linux and I don't have the right Archive Manager.

Should I delete the third line in metadata?

Quote:

post-build=samsung/hltetmo/hltetmo:4.3/JSS15J/N900TUVUBMI7:user/release-keys
post-timestamp=1390477424
pre-device=hltexx

Last edited by nexussp; 23rd January 2014 at 04:49 PM.
23rd January 2014, 04:58 PM   |  #5  
Flag York
Thanks Meter: 1,511

3,701 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thank you! Wow, so many of them which should I try. For start I will try to edit my updater script and if it doesn't work I will try something from that huge list you gave me! Thank you again!

Thank you A.N.Droid. I can't find the updater-script in META-INF>com>google>android. The only thing I can find there is the: metadata and otacert file, maybe it's because I'm using Linux and I don't have the right Archive Manager.

Should I delete the third line in metadata?

Remove the two xx
23rd January 2014, 05:31 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 53

182 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalisto

Remove the two xx

does this work too ? just wonderig...

@nexussp
you looked at the wrong folder(\META-INF\com\android). updater script is located at \META-INF\com\google\android
23rd January 2014, 08:06 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.N.Droid

does this work too ? just wonderig...

@nexussp
you looked at the wrong folder(\META-INF\com\android). updater script is located at \META-INF\com\google\android

I just realized that. THANK YOU EVERYONE, my phone is fine and is working like a charm.
And removing the two xx from hltexx in metadata doesn't work.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread