23rd January 2014, 05:19 AM   |  #11  
Flag Victorville, Ca
Thanks Meter: 2,919

2,257 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odysseus1962

Thanks for the heads up Chevy. Thank goodness it was block 22 not the ones you mentioned. Actually, I was trying to flash the leedroid tweaks, but from the EVO 3d GSM, not the sensation, over the bone stock latest ruu. I had just deodexed the ROM in the kitchen and was trying to see how I could modify it on the handset.. Obviously I know now that they aren't as compatible as I was hoping. LOL

How did you guys port those tweaks? When I tried using the leedroid zip from the sensation in the kitchen it would boot, but never make it to the lock screen. Same when I tried the Dark Forrest tweaks. After those failures, I'm thinking about trying out exposed instead. Maybe I'll have better luck.

Eek! Block 22 is scary too. That's the boot partition!
29 30 & 31 are our main partitions.
29 is system
30 is cache
31 is data
22 boot image

The venom tweaks were already in viper as it was ported from sensation.

There may be some smali editing. Afnan could guide you better on the tweaks than I could.

I've really just recently got into the deeper editing of the Roms.

I've been losing hair and brain cells working with ravike14 on the two Roms and the kernel.

There will be more of a stock 4.5 jellybean and a stock sense 5. We will turn these loose on the forum and let others go in depth for tweaking. It's been damn hard enough just trying to get sensors and stuff working.

Can't post the Roms in any part until he can upload his kernel source.

Chevy.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to chevycowboyusa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd January 2014, 07:14 PM   |  #12  
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 447

550 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevycowboyusa

Eek! Block 22 is scary too. That's the boot partition!
29 30 & 31 are our main partitions.
29 is system
30 is cache
31 is data
22 boot image

The venom tweaks were already in viper as it was ported from sensation.

There may be some smali editing. Afnan could guide you better on the tweaks than I could.

I've really just recently got into the deeper editing of the Roms.

I've been losing hair and brain cells working with ravike14 on the two Roms and the kernel.

There will be more of a stock 4.5 jellybean and a stock sense 5. We will turn these loose on the forum and let others go in depth for tweaking. It's been damn hard enough just trying to get sensors and stuff working.

Can't post the Roms in any part until he can upload his kernel source.

Chevy.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

That explains why I didn't hose my handset. The boot partition is pretty small and the kernel image read only on my s-on device. So probably only a few bits of data got squeezed into there causing no harm. Since then I've flashed back the latest stock kernel and libs, so I got lucky and escaped.
The Following User Says Thank You to Odysseus1962 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread