XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Need VZW OTA 4.3 Image to flash with Odin

Tip us?

akellar
Old
Thanks Meter 1719
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryAlpusa1 View Post
A little knowlegege is a dangerous thing... Having said that.. I think the fellow who said no twrp with the new firmware is wrong. I updated the stock 4.3 and used odin to flash the required firmware. My note was and still is rooted. My bootlaoder was unlocked and I still have twrp recovery. I may be wrong but I think the conventional wisdom is if you flash from odin you loose unlocked bootloader=no custom recovery. I either still have an unlocked BL or twrp works with the upgraded firmware?
I am now exploring going back to vramc3 because I liked my phone much better when there.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app
You didn't flash the updated bootloader

Please note, I do not do ROM support via PM. If you have a question, ask in the device thread. Thanks.

GaryAlpusa1
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Thanks you are correct. Upon further reading I used Beantowns stock update for 4.3. That does not include the new bootloader, so I am still on my unlocked version. I stand corrected. G

RomsWell
Old
Thanks Meter 864
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryAlpusa1 View Post
A little knowlegege is a dangerous thing... Having said that.. I think the fellow who said no twrp with the new firmware is wrong. I updated the stock 4.3 and used odin to flash the required firmware. My note was and still is rooted. My bootlaoder was unlocked and I still have twrp recovery. I may be wrong but I think the conventional wisdom is if you flash from odin you loose unlocked bootloader=no custom recovery. I either still have an unlocked BL or twrp works with the upgraded firmware?
I am now exploring going back to vramc3 because I liked my phone much better when there.

If you flash the full ota via odin you will have a locked BL. But if you kept your 4.1.2 loader and just flashed the firmware bits that beans posted then you still have your no knox 4.1.2 bootloader with the 4.3 bits. So u can still use a custom recovery. If you did flash the full firmware then you are perma locked on 4.3 and I doubt there will ever be a unlock for it.

Chennikum
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default bootloader locked

On Note 2 i605 If I used the zip package to reinstall the 4.3 from 4.1.1, will that still lock my bootloader or can I still downgrade to stock ROM 4.1 and install custom ROM.