Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Omni Rom for I9500 build error

OP BlaqueDroid

22nd January 2014, 10:27 PM   |  #1  
BlaqueDroid's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Johannesburg
Thanks Meter: 552
 
252 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
Donate to Me
More
Hey Guys Im trying to compile for I9500 and here is the error im getting below and im using this device tree
https://github.com/intervigilium/and..._samsung_i9500


build/core/product_config.mk:222: *** Can not locate config makefile for product "omni_i9500". Stop.
WARNING: Trying to fetch a device that's already there
build/core/product_config.mk:222: *** Can not locate config makefile for product "omni_i9500". Stop.

** Don't have a product spec for: 'omni_i9500'
** Do you have the right repo manifest?

Please help guys what am i doing wrong
22nd January 2014, 11:25 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Flag Arnhem
Thanks Meter: 1,692
 
1,145 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2008
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqueDroid

Hey Guys Im trying to compile for I9500 and here is the error im getting below and im using this device tree
https://github.com/intervigilium/and..._samsung_i9500


build/core/product_config.mk:222: *** Can not locate config makefile for product "omni_i9500". Stop.
WARNING: Trying to fetch a device that's already there
build/core/product_config.mk:222: *** Can not locate config makefile for product "omni_i9500". Stop.

** Don't have a product spec for: 'omni_i9500'
** Do you have the right repo manifest?

Please help guys what am i doing wrong

If you are using that device tree without any modifications, it will not work for Omni. The device tree is for cm. Have a look at some of the Omni device trees. At least you need to alter the vendorsetup.sh and the make files.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn TF300T met Tapatalk
23rd January 2014, 03:59 AM   |  #3  
BlaqueDroid's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Johannesburg
Thanks Meter: 552
 
252 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scanno

If you are using that device tree without any modifications, it will not work for Omni. The device tree is for cm. Have a look at some of the Omni device trees. At least you need to alter the vendorsetup.sh and the make files.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn TF300T met Tapatalk

Hey man i tried following the instructions on the omni wiki site but still it kept on saying the same error an i would appreciate it if u can point me in the right direction ...e.g what files to modify ?
23rd January 2014, 10:06 AM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Flag Arnhem
Thanks Meter: 1,692
 
1,145 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2008
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqueDroid

Hey man i tried following the instructions on the omni wiki site but still it kept on saying the same error an i would appreciate it if u can point me in the right direction ...e.g what files to modify ?

First you have to "omnify" the device tree. That means renaming and editing the make files in the device tree. Please have a look at the other device trees and look at the make file changes to files like vendorsetup.sh. Also you should have an omni_<device>.mk . Again look what has been done with other devices to make them build it the Omni tree.


Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 10 met Tapatalk
23rd January 2014, 11:13 AM   |  #5  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 2,073
 
3,923 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Also, it'd help if you uploaded your changes/device tree to github. That way we can see what you're doing and help better. Like was already said, the tree as is won't work.
23rd January 2014, 08:30 PM   |  #6  
BlaqueDroid's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Johannesburg
Thanks Meter: 552
 
252 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PonsAsinorem

Also, it'd help if you uploaded your changes/device tree to github. That way we can see what you're doing and help better. Like was already said, the tree as is won't work.

Hey MAn thanks for the advice i managed to fix the device tree issue but now im stuck with this error ....any ideas

Code:
Copy xml: /home/blaquesoul/android/omni/out/target/product/i9500/system/etc/permissions/android.software.sip.voip.xml
make: *** No rule to make target `/configs/audio_effects.conf', needed by `/home/blaquesoul/android/omni/out/target/product/i9500/system/etc/audio_effects.conf'.  Stop.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes