Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Best mod for business use (fast, solid, dependable)

OP Menster

22nd January 2014, 03:57 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
My 7.7 was modded with pa when I bought it and I was happy with it. The only problem it had was sometimes hanging on the boot animation if alot of apps were installed after some time. A reboot (or more) would fix that and later on only a dalvik cache wipe would, so I left it on as much as possible.

It had to be sent to Samsung for a charging problem and it comes back with 3.2

I never used stock on it so I was curious, but this soon became irritation at the lack of speed and low available memory (a bit more than a dozen windows open in opera and it closes already?) I understand now why it was modded.

So, new to modding really, which of these mods is really dependable. I am ready to try out a few, but when it is ready I want something I don't need to look back at.

I am thinking pa or cm, but I see there is also an official jb for the tab? But a good download link for it seems not readily available. There is a torrent available on tpb, but is it genuine I wonder.

Any tips appreciated.
23rd January 2014, 12:15 AM   |  #2  
Flag Phuket, Thailand
Thanks Meter: 5,468

4,893 posts
More
For official firmware:
1. samsung-updates.com
2. sammobile.com

For the best multi-tasking mods, you need to patch your services.jar and change your OOM adj values along with LMK minfree values. You can Google about all this.....

The best way is to use the V6SuperCharger mod found in XDA. It is not for the light-hearted or for user that won't bother to read first. The dev expects this, as should all If need be, you can "bullet-proof" certain apps from getting killed off.

With a little searching, there are also many installation guides found on the internet to assist you.

Best of luck.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to UpInTheAir For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd January 2014, 03:19 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpInTheAir

For official firmware:
1. samsung-updates.com
2. sammobile.com

Correct me if I'm wrong, but changing the firmware will not make me able to do an OTA update of the offical JB on my European 7.7 while in Europe does it?

My idea of it is, that the firmware needs to be changed to an Asian one and then the official JB package needs to be downloaded and flashed using Odin (i.e. manually).

Anyway I will do more reading to be sure, because this whole modding stuff is a wide subject.

Thanks for taking the time to post.
23rd January 2014, 08:32 PM   |  #4  
Flag Phuket, Thailand
Thanks Meter: 5,468

4,893 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menster

Correct me if I'm wrong, but changing the firmware will not make me able to do an OTA update of the offical JB on my European 7.7 while in Europe does it?

My idea of it is, that the firmware needs to be changed to an Asian one and then the official JB package needs to be downloaded and flashed using Odin (i.e. manually).

Anyway I will do more reading to be sure, because this whole modding stuff is a wide subject.

Thanks for taking the time to post.

Correct. But not difficult and easy to flash. Many guides about how to use Odin. Take your time and yes, read until your eye balls pop out Make sure your data from internal sdcard etc is backed up before flash.

The available firmware is all that you will get. So only option is to manually flash. Forget OTA, there will be none as Samsung have shown no intention to upgrade any other region or device model (P6810 or I815).

In XDA, we generally are not concerned with OTA, or try not to rely on manufacturer broken promises of support. We do it ourselves.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread