Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Which i9192 modem to use in Europe?

OP |Vyp|

23rd January 2014, 07:56 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 150
 
403 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
More
Hi all,

I have a Galaxy S3 already and have been following this forum for a while, but I have never had problems with it as with this one. It's about my Galaxy S4 mini DUOS (i9192). I've bough the phone from an unofficial seller because i9192 was never supposed to be imported in Croatia (EU). The phone came with I9192XXUAMF7 build and modem. Today I've expereinced that the phone was running fine but I couldn't make any calls and nobody could call me untill I've taken out the battery and SIM. It was runnign on one SIM only. Network was OK and signal was full. I' would like to change the modem to see if that's the problem.

My question is - has anyone experienced anything similar or has changed the XXUAMF7 modem? I'm located in Croatia (Europe) and the closest country modem localisation is Ukraine. Should I change it to Ukraine modem?
23rd January 2014, 07:59 PM   |  #2  
SilviuMik's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 848
 
979 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by |Vyp|

Hi all,

I have a Galaxy S3 already and have been following this forum for a while, but I have never had problems with it as with this one. It's about my Galaxy S4 mini DUOS (i9192). I've bough the phone from an unofficial seller because i9192 was never supposed to be imported in Croatia (EU). The phone came with I9192XXUAMF7 build and modem. Today I've expereinced that the phone was running fine but I couldn't make any calls and nobody could call me untill I've taken out the battery and SIM. It was runnign on one SIM only. Network was OK and signal was full. I' would like to change the modem to see if that's the problem.

My question is - has anyone experienced anything similar or has changed the XXUAMF7 modem? I'm located in Croatia (Europe) and the closest country modem localisation is Ukraine. Should I change it to Ukraine modem?

I find Ukraine/Russia/Afghanistan/Uzbekistan Modem/Rom combo best in my region ( Romania )
Take care tho latest roms contain Knox bootloader :P Either flash one that have bootloader removed that i posted on this forum, or u can try the rom i use
The Following User Says Thank You to SilviuMik For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd January 2014, 08:21 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 150
 
403 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilviuMik

I find Ukraine/Russia/Afghanistan/Uzbekistan Modem/Rom combo best in my region ( Romania )
Take care tho latest roms contain Knox bootloader :P Either flash one that have bootloader removed that i posted on this forum, or u can try the rom i use


Thanks for the notice! I have SGS 3 and it has no Knox bootloaders so I'm not familiar with it but from what I've read it's a no no. My original bootloader is stock Samsung. No Knox icons in download mode. I just might try your ROM. Have been reading about it just a few minutes ago.

I've been listing sammobile FWs and it gives me Russian and Ukrainian ROMs. You're suggesting I give one of them "a spin"?
23rd January 2014, 08:36 PM   |  #4  
SilviuMik's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 848
 
979 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by |Vyp|

Thanks for the notice! I have SGS 3 and it has no Knox bootloaders so I'm not familiar with it but from what I've read it's a no no. My original bootloader is stock Samsung. No Knox icons in download mode. I just might try your ROM. Have been reading about it just a few minutes ago.

I've been listing sammobile FWs and it gives me Russian and Ukrainian ROMs. You're suggesting I give one of them "a spin"?

Yes BUT ! Do not download any firmware that have MK4 MK5 ML1 ML2 ML4 NA2 in name They contain Knox bootloader
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes