5,605,187 Members 37,802 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Microsoft surface pro stylus

Tip us?
 
Bsmith0731
Old
#1  
Bsmith0731's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 63
Posts: 427
Join Date: Jan 2013
Default Microsoft surface pro stylus

Just FYI
The surface pro stylus works for our tablet. The button works to bring up air command and the top serves as an eraser (so you don't have to tap on the erase icon) it's nifty.

It's also a lot larger and easier to write with.

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
kkretch
Old
(Last edited by kkretch; 23rd January 2014 at 07:22 PM.)
#2  
kkretch's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 374
Posts: 869
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: near Pittsburgh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsmith0731 View Post
Just FYI
The surface pro stylus works for our tablet. The button works to bring up air command and the top serves as an eraser (so you don't have to tap on the erase icon) it's nifty.

It's also a lot larger and easier to write with.

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
How is the accuracy?

Is there just one kind of tip?

.
If I was helpful please press the thanks button

My Devices
32GB Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition SM-P600ZKVXAR
16GB Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8013ZWYXAR
16GB Blackberry Playbook
64GB Blackberry Playbook - retired
8GB 1st Gen Kindle Fire - TWRP/AOKP Jellybean - retired
User Built PC - i5/2500K @ 4500khz - Windows 7 ultimate
 
Bsmith0731
Old
#3  
Bsmith0731's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 63
Posts: 427
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkretch View Post
How is the accuracy?

Is there just one kind of tip?

.
It works fine in my opinion. There is only one type of tip.

Here is pic.

[

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1390506195686.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	2535031  
 
lotus49
Old
#4  
Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 83
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsmith0731 View Post
It works fine in my opinion. There is only one type of tip.
According to this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2484014 thread, there is an offset when the pen is held at an angle. Different users may or may not care about this but if you are drawing with it, even a small offset is infuriating. I would love a bigger pen size and weight stylus but I haven't seen any reports of one that actually works accurately at an angle and I wouldn't be able to tolerate even a small offset but other people may not be bothered about that.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes