Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,174 Members 35,990 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

No texting app. Need help.

Tip us?
 
SmileAsTheyDie
Old
#1  
SmileAsTheyDie's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 86
Join Date: Mar 2013
Default No texting app. Need help.

Hello all. I have a droid razr maxx that is rooted and when i was messing around with stuff i seem to have messed up something with my texting app and it was gone. I found the app .apk in my system/app folder but when attempting to install it i got a "app not installed". Frustrated with it i decided to just factory restore and just start everything fresh. Did a factory restore and my texting app is still not there and i still cant install it. I need help.
 
Fantassy123
Old
#2  
Fantassy123's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 53
Posts: 223
Join Date: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileAsTheyDie View Post
Hello all. I have a droid razr maxx that is rooted and when i was messing around with stuff i seem to have messed up something with my texting app and it was gone. I found the app .apk in my system/app folder but when attempting to install it i got a "app not installed". Frustrated with it i decided to just factory restore and just start everything fresh. Did a factory restore and my texting app is still not there and i still cant install it. I need help.
Your texting app as in Message or Whatsapp ETC? Please provide us with more information.
Current phone : LG Google Nexus 5
Rom : Stock 4.4.2 (Not Rooted)

Still own : HTC Desire HD,LG Google Nexus 4
Rom : Taktik 4.4.2 R1,Calkulin's Nexus 4 v1.5 (4.4.2)

Tablet : Nexus 7 2013
Rom : Stock 4.4.2 (Not rooted)

Previous Device´s :
Samsung galaxy nexus
Samsung galaxy note II
Samsung galaxy mega 6.3 (Gave to my father)
Samsung galaxy S3 (Gave to my girlfriend )
Asus Transformer Pad TF300
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 P5210

Click on Thanks if you appreciate my reply
 
Irwenzhao
Old
#3  
Irwenzhao's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 255
Posts: 799
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileAsTheyDie View Post
Hello all. I have a droid razr maxx that is rooted and when i was messing around with stuff i seem to have messed up something with my texting app and it was gone. I found the app .apk in my system/app folder but when attempting to install it i got a "app not installed". Frustrated with it i decided to just factory restore and just start everything fresh. Did a factory restore and my texting app is still not there and i still cant install it. I need help.
Reflash your ROM. (Install a third party SMS app first though, only reflash ROM if u want stock messaging app)

Smack that Thanks button if I helped!
KitKat came in on my OmniROM, running on my Note 2.
Sent from a small country called Singapore.
P.S. Time for school, not much time for XDA
Living my life with my Find 7a
Rocking ParanoidAndroid 4.6 Beta 1
Take a second to click the "Thanks" button if I helped!
 
SmileAsTheyDie
Old
#4  
SmileAsTheyDie's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 86
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwenzhao View Post
Reflash your ROM. (Install a third party SMS app first though, only reflash ROM if u want stock messaging app)

Smack that Thanks button if I helped!
KitKat came in on my OmniROM, running on my Note 2.
Sent from a small country called Singapore.
P.S. Time for school, not much time for XDA

Could you post a guide on how to go upon reflashing it (I had to do it once before but it was quite some time before). I installed a 3rd party SMS but no texts come through or go out. It's not necessarily that I want the stock one rather I need it , unless there is something I'm missing about getting the 3rd party SMS to work.
 
SmileAsTheyDie
Old
#5  
SmileAsTheyDie's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 86
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantassy123 View Post
Your texting app as in Message or Whatsapp ETC? Please provide us with more information.
Just the stock text messaging app.
 
Fantassy123
Old
#6  
Fantassy123's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 53
Posts: 223
Join Date: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileAsTheyDie View Post
Could you post a guide on how to go upon reflashing it (I had to do it once before but it was quite some time before). I installed a 3rd party SMS but no texts come through or go out. It's not necessarily that I want the stock one rather I need it , unless there is something I'm missing about getting the 3rd party SMS to work.
Do you have a Custom recovery installed? E.G CWM or TWRP

If you have : Download the rom you want and put it in the external SD or internal drive depends on your phone. (For example Samsung phones can flash with the ext + Int Drive)
Do a Full wipe : Clear cache,Clear Dalvik and Battery status in Advanced and Format System + Data. (No need to factory reset just wasting time, also don't forget to double check it since it's easy the click Format Ext SD card)
After this Flash using Flash from ZIP and then choose your Rom after this Download 0-day Gapps which can be found here (First Check if the Rom has Gapps packed with it) and flash it using the same way as flashing the ROM.
Reboot and your done
Current phone : LG Google Nexus 5
Rom : Stock 4.4.2 (Not Rooted)

Still own : HTC Desire HD,LG Google Nexus 4
Rom : Taktik 4.4.2 R1,Calkulin's Nexus 4 v1.5 (4.4.2)

Tablet : Nexus 7 2013
Rom : Stock 4.4.2 (Not rooted)

Previous Device´s :
Samsung galaxy nexus
Samsung galaxy note II
Samsung galaxy mega 6.3 (Gave to my father)
Samsung galaxy S3 (Gave to my girlfriend )
Asus Transformer Pad TF300
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 P5210

Click on Thanks if you appreciate my reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Add the Xperia Z2 Lock Screen to Your Favorite KitKat ROM

Almost every OEM adds its own unique flair to their stock firmwares. While some of … more

Android App Review: Control Your Phone with Quick Control Panel – XDA Developer TV

Your Android smart device has many features that you … more

Play Music on Android Wear with Stellio Music Player

Android Wear smartwatchesare growing inpopularity every day. Some devices have already … more

Schedule is up for xda:devcon ’14

With xda:devcon ’14 just around the corner, and the venue close to selling out, there is a lot … more