No texting app. Need help.

OP SmileAsTheyDie

23rd January 2014, 02:34 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

86 posts
Hello all. I have a droid razr maxx that is rooted and when i was messing around with stuff i seem to have messed up something with my texting app and it was gone. I found the app .apk in my system/app folder but when attempting to install it i got a "app not installed". Frustrated with it i decided to just factory restore and just start everything fresh. Did a factory restore and my texting app is still not there and i still cant install it. I need help.
23rd January 2014, 02:50 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 53

223 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileAsTheyDie

Hello all. I have a droid razr maxx that is rooted and when i was messing around with stuff i seem to have messed up something with my texting app and it was gone. I found the app .apk in my system/app folder but when attempting to install it i got a "app not installed". Frustrated with it i decided to just factory restore and just start everything fresh. Did a factory restore and my texting app is still not there and i still cant install it. I need help.

Your texting app as in Message or Whatsapp ETC? Please provide us with more information.
23rd January 2014, 02:58 PM   |  #3  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 256

799 posts
More
Quote:

Reflash your ROM. (Install a third party SMS app first though, only reflash ROM if u want stock messaging app)

Smack that Thanks button if I helped!
KitKat came in on my OmniROM, running on my Note 2.
Sent from a small country called Singapore.
P.S. Time for school, not much time for XDA
23rd January 2014, 03:46 PM   |  #4  
OP Member

86 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwenzhao

Reflash your ROM. (Install a third party SMS app first though, only reflash ROM if u want stock messaging app)

Smack that Thanks button if I helped!
KitKat came in on my OmniROM, running on my Note 2.
Sent from a small country called Singapore.
P.S. Time for school, not much time for XDA

Could you post a guide on how to go upon reflashing it (I had to do it once before but it was quite some time before). I installed a 3rd party SMS but no texts come through or go out. It's not necessarily that I want the stock one rather I need it , unless there is something I'm missing about getting the 3rd party SMS to work.
23rd January 2014, 05:28 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

86 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantassy123

Your texting app as in Message or Whatsapp ETC? Please provide us with more information.

Just the stock text messaging app.
23rd January 2014, 08:28 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 53

223 posts
More
Quote:

Could you post a guide on how to go upon reflashing it (I had to do it once before but it was quite some time before). I installed a 3rd party SMS but no texts come through or go out. It's not necessarily that I want the stock one rather I need it , unless there is something I'm missing about getting the 3rd party SMS to work.

Do you have a Custom recovery installed? E.G CWM or TWRP

If you have : Download the rom you want and put it in the external SD or internal drive depends on your phone. (For example Samsung phones can flash with the ext + Int Drive)
Do a Full wipe : Clear cache,Clear Dalvik and Battery status in Advanced and Format System + Data. (No need to factory reset just wasting time, also don't forget to double check it since it's easy the click Format Ext SD card)
After this Flash using Flash from ZIP and then choose your Rom after this Download 0-day Gapps which can be found here (First Check if the Rom has Gapps packed with it) and flash it using the same way as flashing the ROM.
Reboot and your done
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread