5,595,645 Members 44,541 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Difficult Soft Brick - Need Urgent Help

Tip us?

JohnnyMac999
Old
(Last edited by JohnnyMac999; 18th January 2014 at 04:57 AM.) Reason: completed the flash- errored out
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMac999 View Post
One part I don't understand is in gtj0's guide, lines 7&8:
7. Force Reboot the phone back into Download mode (Voldown+Home+Power) and restart Odin.
8. The phone should now reboot to a black screen with the pulsing notification LED.U need to install...

He says force the phone into Download mode, and re-start Odin. The very next line says 'the phone should now re-boot'. What happens after line 7 that we needed Odin for?
I went back through Post 3, re-downloaded all the files, everything has gone as you suggest it would to this point. I am re-downloading the update.zip file (MF3>MK2) from post 1 and am about to do the final step in the process. This is the exact same process I used yesterday when I tried to recover this the first time, but once I got to the step of side-loading the update file, I got an 'Error 7' failure from the 'asserts' line in the update script. Hopefully a re-DL will make things right this time! Keep wishing me luck!

Update: New DL for update.zip completed late. Just finished final step with the same failure as before:
Verifying current system....
assert failed: apply_patch_check( "system/SW_Configuration.xml", "acdd86b773e13cca512e4bb4f7c88a8489640994", "428f3b805bef7bc04df9eab6b262ff39f416cc41")
E:Error in /tmp/update.zip
(Status 7)

Installation aborted.

Any ideas?

JohnnyMac999
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Update: I'm back to MK2. The process was a bit painful, but if you follow the instructions in this post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2618314, you will recover. Just read everything first!! I actually recruited help from a patient buddy that got me to MJ9, then I used the Update-mj9-mk2.zip file to takeme the rest of the way.

Special thanks to Ted77 for his patience, guidance and files!! (Yes, I will hit your 'Thanks' button!)

Moderators, please close this thread.