5,596,235 Members 35,762 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Moga Pro Power/Hero Video Test

Tip us?

Shadow of Chaos
Old
(Last edited by Shadow of Chaos; 16th January 2014 at 08:03 PM.) Reason: I SUCK at Timestamping.
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default Moga Pro Power/Hero Video Test

Hey folks, this is just sort of relevant and since I can't find that topic where we were talking about these (And I think it was in the wrong subtopic anyway) I just figured I'd post it here.

So we've been having discussions about which type of game controller to use for the Z Ultra since the thing is so big, and while we've been able to get the Z Ultra into the Moga controllers, it's still somewhat skeptical as to how they work.

Anywho, quality reviewer Erica Grifffin has actually created a video where she reviews these controllers in detail and tests them out with, you guessed it, the Z Ultra.

I haven't finished the whole video, but she does it with the Hero at least, so there you go.

I'll provide a timestamped link to about where she begins using it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...r4rDe5M#t=1038

Benjiro
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow of Chaos View Post
I'll provide a timestamped link to about where she begins using it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...r4rDe5M#t=1038
Well, she does not really use the ZU. Just shows off that its possible to fit it in the smaller version ( both android versions use the exact same arm length mechanism ).

The fact that the weight is a small problem ( that it can flip inside ), is not being mentioned ( see the other Moga topic in the General section ). Nor does the problem with the power / volume button position come up. What is a bit of a shame. Other devices will run into the same problem, so its not just a ZU problem.

archion
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I purchased the Wamo Pro (cheap version) from DX: http://dx.com/p/wamo-wireless-blueto...5#.Utol7RDsSUk

It supports up to 9mm wide devices (xperia z ultra is 9.2mm), but it fits really good, I am very pleased with the controller overall.

And yeah, the power / volume buttons are a bit annoying, but if you slide the ZU in from the right it isn't much of a problem, just need to find the sweet spot where there is no pressure on the buttons.

Shadow of Chaos
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by archion View Post
I purchased the Wamo Pro (cheap version) from DX: http://dx.com/p/wamo-wireless-blueto...5#.Utol7RDsSUk

It supports up to 9mm wide devices (xperia z ultra is 9.2mm), but it fits really good, I am very pleased with the controller overall.

And yeah, the power / volume buttons are a bit annoying, but if you slide the ZU in from the right it isn't much of a problem, just need to find the sweet spot where there is no pressure on the buttons.
when you do slide it, do you find it's balance to be off substantially?

Any way, how's the quality of that thing? A cheap alternative to the Moga if it doesn't feel horrible.

Benjiro
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow of Chaos View Post
when you do slide it, do you find it's balance to be off substantially?

Any way, how's the quality of that thing? A cheap alternative to the Moga if it doesn't feel horrible.
Shadow, there is more to take in account then just cheap, with these type of controllers. Developers support is also a big item! Moga is more or less a bit known, so there are a bunch of developers, that add support to there games for it. But unknown devices are in general more hit or miss.

And the quality is indeed a big factor also. For instance how the buttons are spaced. How they feel when pressed down. If the nubs are analog or digital. The quality of the nubs. Those things alone can make a big difference.

That is one of the reason i liked that video reviews, because they confirm the moga had quality parts. Lets hope that archion gives a update when he gets the controller, as to those points.

archion
Old
(Last edited by archion; 20th January 2014 at 03:34 PM.)
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjiro View Post
Shadow, there is more to take in account then just cheap, with these type of controllers. Developers support is also a big item! Moga is more or less a bit known, so there are a bunch of developers, that add support to there games for it. But unknown devices are in general more hit or miss.

And the quality is indeed a big factor also. For instance how the buttons are spaced. How they feel when pressed down. If the nubs are analog or digital. The quality of the nubs. Those things alone can make a big difference.

That is one of the reason i liked that video reviews, because they confirm the moga had quality parts. Lets hope that archion gives a update when he gets the controller, as to those points.

Testing Max Payne Mobile version, controls work flawlessly, it seems to support any game that supports moga controllers. (tried GTA, Riptide GP2, Order & Chaos online, and a bunch of emulators).
The quality is good enough, probably not as good as the moga ones, but only like 1/3rd the price.

The buttons feel very good except for the d-pad, as it feels a bit clunky, but I rarely use d-pads when I have analog sticks available, so not an issue for me.

The only problem is the bad placement of the volume/power buttons, but just slide it in carefully from the right side. One way to avoid it is to buy something like this: http://www.shapeways.com/model/14431...FRRefgodfAkAxA

jaime4272
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Make your self a wii mote klip http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2621976