Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,214 Members 43,278 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Camera problems!!!

Tip us?

Yeahitsmekyle
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Arrow Camera problems!!!

Hi, im just new here and I've been having problemswith my s4. Nope i ddidn't root it. The camera is acting strange lately. Sometimes the camera stops and the screen just freezes. Here are the examples of the problems below

1st problem.
I took this picture in a dark room just after the camera freezed. This is a bit weirddd.

Second problem is that some of the pictures appear in half or some parts are erased. Just like these two pictures. I dunno what caused this problm. It is ANNOYING because it's like corrupting my pictures.

I Need help. Please looking forward to your answers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20131223_111423.jpg
Views:	2929
Size:	269.5 KB
ID:	2527826  

Yeahitsmekyle
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeahitsmekyle View Post
Hi, im just new here and I've been having problemswith my s4. Nope i ddidn't root it. The camera is acting strange lately. Sometimes the camera stops and the screen just freezes. Here are the examples of the problems below

1st problem.
I took this picture in a dark room just after the camera freezed. This is a bit weirddd.

Second problem is that some of the pictures appear in half or some parts are erased. Just like these two pictures. I dunno what caused this problm. It is ANNOYING because it's like corrupting my pictures.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1390303998316.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	2529745  

Yeahitsmekyle
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Can't attach the other file. Thesr are the pictures. Please help!!!! i need a fix for this asap

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1390304099573.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	2529746  

ongbac
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Try restore to factory settings, otherwise replace the whole camera, its not so expensive http://www.etradesupply.com/oem-sams...ck-camera.html
Samsung Galaxy S4 - GT-i9505 (white frost)
iPod Touch 4G, Nokia 5610 XM, Nokia N72, Nokia 6230, Nokia 5110

jonahly
Old
Thanks Meter 130
Warranty?

Sent from my Optimus G using xda app-developers app
Devices
Sprint LG Optimus G
ROM: Blue Lightning
Kernel: 1.7Ghz
Lenovo ThinkPad A1000
Soft-Bricked.

martikp
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeahitsmekyle View Post

1st problem.

Did you drop your phone recently?
Try to update the frameware using "Kies". if it didn't help, its probably hardware issue, return it to the seller.

Yeahitsmekyle
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Before i even dropped it it's already like that. and no i dont want to buy a replacement for the rear camera cos i only bought this phone for like a month ago

Yeahitsmekyle
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Okay so guys. Ummm. More pictures are becoming corrupted. THIS IS REALLY ANNOYING. Please i need answers and help

Obagleyfreer
Old
Thanks Meter 777
If the live image on screen looks OK I would say you probably have a faulty SD card.

Do you store images on ext SD? If so change the storage location to internal SD and see if it still happens. Or vise versa.

Maybe try backing up data and formating internal or ext SD to see if it helps.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium HD app
GT-I9505