Ask a question

No registration required

Bring back text wrapping 4.4?

OP Shoib

22nd January 2014, 10:07 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

57 posts
Is there any way of bringing back features like text wrapping, tap-to-zoom (without the stupid "tap three times and move around to zoom") and other features browsers once had before the update to Android 4.4? I'm currently on 4.3 and I'd like to go back to a Kit Kat rom, but not if completely ruins my web browsing experience. I use Boat Browser, and a lot of essential features were missing, like Flash, and the button that would go all the way to the top or bottom of a page while scrolling. Additionally, whenever I try to open a link/image in a thumbnail on another tab, it only gives me the link of the thumbnail which is infuriating. I understand that a lot of these things work in Dolphin Browser, but I don't like it very much. Is there any ROM that doesn't have the awful browsing experience, is there any way of restoring it through root?
The Following User Says Thank You to Shoib For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd January 2014, 10:25 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 528

2,609 posts
I must be in for a disappointment once I get off 412, for more than 5 min, to official KK then.
I REALLY like Maxthon HD (beta!) Browser. It's here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2610531 & not on play anymore.

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 PM ----------

Are you sure it is a limitation of the rom it is on & not the browser?
23rd January 2014, 10:18 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

57 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aviwdoowks;49677839

[/COLOR

Are you sure it is a limitation of the rom it is on & not the browser?

It's not just a particular ROM, it's a problem that occurs on Android 4.4. Google updated the Chromium WebView, which affects most browsers since they use Chromium.
The Following User Says Thank You to Shoib For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread