Micromax Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

cm11m2 sdcard mount problem

OP foxbox

5th January 2014, 11:09 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Hi guys, i haven't seen mention of similar problem anywhere on forums so got to ask you.

After updating from cm10.2 to cm11 monthly2 on i9000, there is no sdcard or internal memory mount in /storage/ or /mnt/. /storage/sdcard0 and sdcard1 are both empty. I can however mount internal memor in CWM recovery and see all the files there.

I will be extremely grateful if anybody can help me. Thanks.
5th January 2014, 11:16 PM   |  #2  
xsenman's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Philippines
Thanks Meter: 2,256
 
3,920 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxbox

Hi guys, i haven't seen mention of similar problem anywhere on forums so got to ask you.

After updating from cm10.2 to cm11 monthly2 on i9000, there is no sdcard or internal memory mount in /storage/ or /mnt/. /storage/sdcard0 and sdcard1 are both empty. I can however mount internal memor in CWM recovery and see all the files there.

I will be extremely grateful if anybody can help me. Thanks.

look here and check, if you did do all the wipes, before flashing to CM 11

5th January 2014, 11:28 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsenman

look here and check, if you did do all the wipes, before flashing to CM 11

after flashing cm11m2 I booted without full wipe and had a bootloop, then i rebooted and made wipe/factory reset and cache wipe, then reflashed cm11m2 again.

//EDITED:

The problem is very weird. Internal memory started to work properly but external sd card has to be removed during the boot. CWM is also unable to mount external sd while mounting internal memory works fine.
Last edited by foxbox; 5th January 2014 at 11:50 PM.
5th January 2014, 11:50 PM   |  #4  
xsenman's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Philippines
Thanks Meter: 2,256
 
3,920 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxbox

after flashing cm11m2 I booted without full wipe and had a bootloop, then i rebooted and made wipe/factory reset and cache wipe, then reflashed cm11m2 again.

strange issue, so go here and flash a CM11 Nightly to see if it solves it, if not, you may have to revert back to gingerbread and than climb up the ladder to Kit Kat again

Edit> when its only External, the issue is a known one and workaround is to use Mounts in recovery

Last edited by xsenman; 6th January 2014 at 09:00 AM.
22nd January 2014, 05:10 AM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Hey I have the same problem! I cant open my internal sdcard, so I cant open camera ( Please mount your sdcard). In settings I dont see sdcard at all and when i try to mount i got "Your sdcard is unmounted". In recovery mode I see my sdcard0 with all files, so i dont understand what is going on...

I have installed TWR,
wipe cache, data and Dalvik
flash cm11 and gapps
reboot


Have i missed something?

I read something about wipe sdcard before flashing cm11, but how it can be possible if I have cm11.zip there?
23rd January 2014, 12:36 PM   |  #6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
anyone?
23rd January 2014, 01:18 PM   |  #7  
xsenman's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Philippines
Thanks Meter: 2,256
 
3,920 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlody991

anyone?

you can flash zip from your external Sd card or start from the beginning , get back to gingerbread, make sure everything is working than upgrade to kit kat follow this [Tutorial] How to Unbrick, Flash, Downgrade, Root, Update i9000 from Froyo to Kit Kat

23rd January 2014, 10:56 PM   |  #8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsenman

you can flash zip from your external Sd card or start from the beginning , get back to gingerbread, make sure everything is working than upgrade to kit kat follow this [Tutorial] How to Unbrick, Flash, Downgrade, Root, Update i9000 from Froyo to Kit Kat


I cant mount external sdcard while I am in recovery mode. I'm using TWRP and it doesnt work. I tried flash cm10 and internal sdcard works fine ...
23rd January 2014, 10:58 PM   |  #9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
i also have this problem!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes