Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,901 Members 52,836 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

cm11m2 sdcard mount problem

Tip us?

foxbox
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default cm11m2 sdcard mount problem

Hi guys, i haven't seen mention of similar problem anywhere on forums so got to ask you.

After updating from cm10.2 to cm11 monthly2 on i9000, there is no sdcard or internal memory mount in /storage/ or /mnt/. /storage/sdcard0 and sdcard1 are both empty. I can however mount internal memor in CWM recovery and see all the files there.

I will be extremely grateful if anybody can help me. Thanks.

xsenman
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,223
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxbox View Post
Hi guys, i haven't seen mention of similar problem anywhere on forums so got to ask you.

After updating from cm10.2 to cm11 monthly2 on i9000, there is no sdcard or internal memory mount in /storage/ or /mnt/. /storage/sdcard0 and sdcard1 are both empty. I can however mount internal memor in CWM recovery and see all the files there.

I will be extremely grateful if anybody can help me. Thanks.
look here and check, if you did do all the wipes, before flashing to CM 11

foxbox
Old
(Last edited by foxbox; 5th January 2014 at 10:50 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsenman View Post
look here and check, if you did do all the wipes, before flashing to CM 11

after flashing cm11m2 I booted without full wipe and had a bootloop, then i rebooted and made wipe/factory reset and cache wipe, then reflashed cm11m2 again.

//EDITED:

The problem is very weird. Internal memory started to work properly but external sd card has to be removed during the boot. CWM is also unable to mount external sd while mounting internal memory works fine.

xsenman
Old
(Last edited by xsenman; 6th January 2014 at 08:00 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,223
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxbox View Post
after flashing cm11m2 I booted without full wipe and had a bootloop, then i rebooted and made wipe/factory reset and cache wipe, then reflashed cm11m2 again.
strange issue, so go here and flash a CM11 Nightly to see if it solves it, if not, you may have to revert back to gingerbread and than climb up the ladder to Kit Kat again

Edit> when its only External, the issue is a known one and workaround is to use Mounts in recovery

mlody991
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hey I have the same problem! I cant open my internal sdcard, so I cant open camera ( Please mount your sdcard). In settings I dont see sdcard at all and when i try to mount i got "Your sdcard is unmounted". In recovery mode I see my sdcard0 with all files, so i dont understand what is going on...

I have installed TWR,
wipe cache, data and Dalvik
flash cm11 and gapps
reboot

Have i missed something?

I read something about wipe sdcard before flashing cm11, but how it can be possible if I have cm11.zip there?

mlody991
Old
Thanks Meter 0
anyone?

xsenman
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,223
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlody991 View Post
anyone?
you can flash zip from your external Sd card or start from the beginning , get back to gingerbread, make sure everything is working than upgrade to kit kat follow this [Tutorial] How to Unbrick, Flash, Downgrade, Root, Update i9000 from Froyo to Kit Kat

mlody991
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsenman View Post
you can flash zip from your external Sd card or start from the beginning , get back to gingerbread, make sure everything is working than upgrade to kit kat follow this [Tutorial] How to Unbrick, Flash, Downgrade, Root, Update i9000 from Froyo to Kit Kat

I cant mount external sdcard while I am in recovery mode. I'm using TWRP and it doesnt work. I tried flash cm10 and internal sdcard works fine ...

diiacoo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
i also have this problem!