Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,957 Members 38,439 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Updating to MJ5 without Bootloader?

Tip us?

Elemino
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 46
Question [Q] Updating to MJ5 without Bootloader?

Is it possible to update my phone to the MJ5 update without updating the bootloader?

My phone is still on MI9, and I'm able to use Root_de_la_Vega N900AUCUBMI9. However, I heard they addressed a few issues that affect me in the MJ5 firmware. Is it possible to upgrade to MJ5 without updating the bootloader as well... all without tripping Knox??

(PS. I've been Googling this for over a week now, and I've yet to find an answer.)

Solarenemy68
Old
Thanks Meter 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elemino View Post
Is it possible to update my phone to the MJ5 update without updating the bootloader?

My phone is still on MI9, and I'm able to use Root_de_la_Vega N900AUCUBMI9. However, I heard they addressed a few issues that affect me in the MJ5 firmware. Is it possible to upgrade to MJ5 without updating the bootloader as well... all without tripping Knox??

(PS. I've been Googling this for over a week now, and I've yet to find an answer.)
Just update to MJ5 and don't worry about the bootloader. You can still ROOT with Kingo as it has been approved by XDA now and it does not trip KNOX.
Tags
at&t, bootloader, firmware, knox 0x0, mj5