[Q] Updating to MJ5 without Bootloader?

OP Elemino

23rd January 2014, 07:25 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dallas, TX
Thanks Meter: 46

290 posts
More
Is it possible to update my phone to the MJ5 update without updating the bootloader?

My phone is still on MI9, and I'm able to use Root_de_la_Vega N900AUCUBMI9. However, I heard they addressed a few issues that affect me in the MJ5 firmware. Is it possible to upgrade to MJ5 without updating the bootloader as well... all without tripping Knox??

(PS. I've been Googling this for over a week now, and I've yet to find an answer.)
23rd January 2014, 10:49 PM   |  #2  
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 106

690 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elemino

Is it possible to update my phone to the MJ5 update without updating the bootloader?

My phone is still on MI9, and I'm able to use Root_de_la_Vega N900AUCUBMI9. However, I heard they addressed a few issues that affect me in the MJ5 firmware. Is it possible to upgrade to MJ5 without updating the bootloader as well... all without tripping Knox??

(PS. I've been Googling this for over a week now, and I've yet to find an answer.)

Just update to MJ5 and don't worry about the bootloader. You can still ROOT with Kingo as it has been approved by XDA now and it does not trip KNOX.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
at&t, bootloader, firmware, knox 0x0, mj5
Previous Thread Next Thread