Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,031 Members 45,203 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Total noob. Think Iim bricked?

Tip us?

halopro77
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Total noob. Think Iim bricked?

So this is my first android phone and I got it in alte December on 4.3 Mk2. I rooted it and installed Safestrap (or what ever) and tried flashing CM11. I made a back up before but it wouldn't allow me to restore it because I moved it over to a new SD card I got and it wasn't detecting it. I made sure it was in the right directory. I just decided to retart my phone to see if that would work (which it didn't). I was stuck at the samsung logo screen with no safestrap. I tried recovering in Kia but it keeps failing for some reason. Can I somehow flash one of these files with Odin? And if so, how would I do it (what file/ what box to put it in). Thanks

DeadlySin9
Old
Thanks Meter 587

DONATE TO ME
Read more before doing anything. You can't use AOSP ROMs like CM,AOKP, or AOSPA on safestrap. Use the MK2 ODIN files that were just released.

Sent from Black<3's I337 running Hyperdrive
Current Device: ATT Samsung Galaxy S4 (i337)

Past Devices:
Droid Bionic (GSM Hacked)
HTC Inspire 4G (Desire HD)
Nexus One
Motorola Backflip
HTC Dev Phone 1 (Dream/G1)

halopro77
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlySin9 View Post
Read more before doing anything. You can't use AOSP ROMs like CM,AOKP, or AOSPA on safestrap. Use the MK2 ODIN files that were just released.

Sent from Black<3's I337 running Hyperdrive
Can you please direct me to the exact files and tell me what to do in odin? Im a complete noob and don't want to bury myself in more ****.

ozziedog
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by halopro77 View Post
Can you please direct me to the exact files and tell me what to do in odin? Im a complete noob and don't want to bury myself in more ****.
Check out the MK2 posts in General Section. Good luck and read the entire posts.

Sent from my SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app