[Q] Can't flash Recovery.

OP Arconn

23rd January 2014, 11:27 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
I was going from stock to the unofficial CM11, and did the NVFlash backups along the way. I got my blobs, I flashed the TWRP that was KitKat compatible. All was well. Went to install the CM11 zip and the gapps zip, and everything broke.

I ended up stuck at a bricked tablet, nothing booted past a now empty Asus screen, but I tinkered with it and got to a point where I could boot into 10.4.2.18 using NVFlash and the UnBlobed stock ROM Flumpster provided here. However there are 1-2 problems (at least that Ive been able to tell. Possibly unimportant, the boot screen (Asus w/ nvidia logo) says 'No certificate to inject' at the top where it had said Device Unlocked (or something of that sort) during the original NVFlash process. Im unsure if this has an effect on what I perceive to be the more important issue, but I do have the unlock token so, one I know what partition to stick it on if need be, that should be an easy fix.

More importantly though, I cant flash or run a recovery, flashing one produces:
Quote:

C:\android\sdk\platform-tools>fastboot -i 0x0b05 flash recovery flatline_tf201.img
sending 'recovery' (7388 KB)...
OKAY [ 2.836s]
writing 'recovery'...
FAILED (remote: (InvalidState))
finished. total time: 4.407s

And so, for now, I'm stuck on 4.1, please help!

EDIT: Got back to 'Device is UnLocked', will update if the rest goes well; For future use, I used nvflash to flash (in order, not sure which one fixed it)

Code:
nvflash --resume --rawdevicewrite 0 2944 bricksafe.img
nvflash --resume --download 14 factory-config.img
nvflash --resume --download 7 unlock-token.img
Then the first 3 blobs (EBT, SOS, and LNX)
Edit 2: TWRP (the Kitkat-compatible one) flashed, and I rebooted into Android (The 4.1 stock) perfectly fine.
Edit 3: After all of that I got stuck on the boot animation; and any time I flash it I have to reflash (one or more of these may be the actual reason) the .EBT, unlock_token, SOS, and LNX

FINAL EDIT

Welp; decided to try another rom for the heck of it; PA + Gapps booted fine; wall of text preserved to help someone else in my shoes, but the tl;dr is that my tablet didnt like the CM11 rom for whatever reason
Last edited by Arconn; 24th January 2014 at 07:53 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread