Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,101 Members 43,496 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Recovery Question

Tip us?

aplopeanu
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Default Recovery Question

I read that many people are very pleased with Phil's recovery, and I'm a bit noob so I'd like to understand some thing:
1)I'm now on scanno twrp and kikat cm11-10012014, and can I install it via terminal emulator?
2)If I install it will I be able to go from Cromi-x to CM11 without the need to change recovery?
3)I understand that twrp is not that safe with cm11, and many people get bricked devices...is Phil's cwm more safe?

cmendonc2
Old
Thanks Meter 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by aplopeanu View Post
I read that many people are very pleased with Phil's recovery, and I'm a bit noob so I'd like to understand some thing:
1)I'm now on scanno twrp and kikat cm11-10012014, and can I install it via terminal emulator?
2)If I install it will I be able to go from Cromi-x to CM11 without the need to change recovery?
3)I understand that twrp is not that safe with cm11, and many people get bricked devices...is Phil's cwm more safe?
1.) Yes:

Code:
su

dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4
2.)You can change the recovery when switching or remove the assert line from the updater-script of the zip.

3.) I'm not sure. Only one person bricked (who double posted and I assumed was two different people).
My Devices:

[Retired] Nook Color (CM10)

LG Optimus Dynamic II L39C (Stock, rooted)

Asus Tf300t (CM11)

Transformers: Install NvFlash for JellyBean Transformer bootloader to become unbrickable HERE Guide: Here!
Wantfree phone and tablet accessories or Google Play gift cards? Go HERE
The Following User Says Thank You to cmendonc2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aplopeanu
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmendonc2 View Post
1.) Yes:

Code:
su

dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4
2.)You can change the recovery when switching or remove the assert line from the updater-script of the zip.

3.) I'm not sure. Only one person bricked (who double posted and I assumed was two different people).

Well chrmhoffmann said yesterday he had continuous reboot in recovery...I updated today kernel without any problem but I don't have nvflash and i really need a working tablet at a high level, which I had this month...
Did you update CM11 lately? Have you had any problem? And on which verion are you now?

cmendonc2
Old
Thanks Meter 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by aplopeanu View Post
Well chrmhoffmann said yesterday he had continuous reboot in recovery...I updated today kernel without any problem but I don't have nvflash and i really need a working tablet at a high level, which I had this month...
Did you update CM11 lately? Have you had any problem? And on which verion are you now?
I am using the nightly from January 10th, which seems relatively stable. I usually only update once a month or if something big comes out.
My Devices:

[Retired] Nook Color (CM10)

LG Optimus Dynamic II L39C (Stock, rooted)

Asus Tf300t (CM11)

Transformers: Install NvFlash for JellyBean Transformer bootloader to become unbrickable HERE Guide: Here!
Wantfree phone and tablet accessories or Google Play gift cards? Go HERE
The Following User Says Thank You to cmendonc2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aplopeanu
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmendonc2 View Post
I am using the nightly from January 10th, which seems relatively stable. I usually only update once a month or if something big comes out.
I use the same...well for now I'll stick with Twrp and if more people complia I'll change it...but I'm pretty sure that guy who brciked his device did something bad too but he didn't said...or maybe it was just the way he entered recovery...we'll see... thanks a lot for all the info you are extremely helpfull in this community
The Following User Says Thank You to aplopeanu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]