5,600,612 Members 33,810 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Only see grey and white stripes and some other colored dots on screen when turned on

Tip us?

stanzauid
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Only see grey and white stripes and some other colored dots on screen when turned on

Yesterday, when I tried to use my note 2 in the middle of the day, I found the phone stuck at the Samsung galaxy logo. I took the battery out, then put it back. This time I won't even able to see the note 2 logo when trying to turn on the phone. All I have seen is a relative grey screen with white horizontal stripes parallel to each other and some dots in different colors randomly scattered on the screen. Tried to hold VOLUME + Home + Power, I was able to enter the warning screen and see the warning clearly. So I don't think it is something wrong with the screen. Installed odin on my PC, but it seems the phone is not detected by odin.

Questions:
1. Have I lost everything on my phone?
2. What can I do to fix the problem?
3. If I lost all the data and apps, how do I get all the apps back after I can restore/reinstall the android?

Thanks for any help in advance. And suggestions, helpful links are appreciated.

parakleet
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanzauid View Post
Yesterday, when I tried to use my note 2 in the middle of the day, I found the phone stuck at the Samsung galaxy logo. I took the battery out, then put it back. This time I won't even able to see the note 2 logo when trying to turn on the phone. All I have seen is a relative grey screen with white horizontal stripes parallel to each other and some dots in different colors randomly scattered on the screen. Tried to hold VOLUME + Home + Power, I was able to enter the warning screen and see the warning clearly. So I don't think it is something wrong with the screen. Installed odin on my PC, but it seems the phone is not detected by odin.

Questions:
1. Have I lost everything on my phone?
2. What can I do to fix the problem?
3. If I lost all the data and apps, how do I get all the apps back after I can restore/reinstall the android?

Thanks for any help in advance. And suggestions, helpful links are appreciated.
Is your phone Rooted?
Have you ever been able to see the phone with Odin?
What happens when you try to enter recovery?

gregsarg
Old
Thanks Meter 2870
Yes....
We need information...

Are you able to see the device storage while connected to PC ??

If yes....then your data can be saved...

Please tell us what rom....kernel....and other info....g

Sent from my NOTE 2.750...
Courtesy of our amazing developers...
" There are Givers, and there are Takers. Be a Giver, and these things will come back to you. "......................g

And please, donate to your favorite developer...
Without them, we'd be writing on rocks with a stick...g