Asking for some suggestions

24th January 2014, 12:03 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5

179 posts
I just bought one Nexus 7 for a relative at oversea, who has zero knowledge about rooting, bootloader, recovery, custom ROM/kernel, etc. However, I want to root the device at least, to install some good apps like Xposed framework , greenify ; yet do not want to prevent OTA by the owner himself later if he wants to.
So, is there any app to retain root if OTA ? And any other tweaks you can think of ? TIA
24th January 2014, 12:26 AM   |  #2  
Flag Santiago
Thanks Meter: 80

284 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abced123

I just bought one Nexus 7 for a relative at oversea, who has zero knowledge about rooting, bootloader, recovery, custom ROM/kernel, etc. However, I want to root the device at least, to install some good apps like Xposed framework , greenify ; yet do not want to prevent OTA by the owner himself later if he wants to.
So, is there any app to retain root if OTA ? And any other tweaks you can think of ? TIA

If you modify the system in any way, there's a good chance that OTAs won't install in the future. It has been discussed a lot, the OTAs check the entire system partition, and if something is fishy, they won't install.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread