Tip us?

Mr Davo
Old
(Last edited by Mr Davo; 23rd January 2014 at 06:52 AM.) Reason: formating
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default Can't set Network Provider after Nandroid Restore

Hi Everyone,

The business I work for has been steadily migrating from the Motorola Defy (MB525) to the iPhone 5. This has resulted in a large number of spare Defy's at my work. I have learned how to root, custom ROM, etc the Defy, and even took the time to create some instructions (which I think are quite thorough). The XDA Thread link to my instructions is below -

Installing a custom ROM on the Motorola Defy Using Windows 7

A colleague of mine is currently experiencing issues with his modified Defy (running CyanogenMod 9) so I decided to perform a Nandroid backup of his phone. I then restored the backup to another spare Defy (that also runs CyanogenMod9, is rooted, etc) and was happy that all the Apps, and data were restored.

However I have one major challenge I cannot choose the Network Operator (Settings > More... > Mobile Networks > Network Operators), when I attempt to do so I am met with the message "Error while searching for networks". Furthermore selecting one of the sub-options, either "Search Networks" or "Select Automatically", results in the "time wheel" spinning for a short period, and nothing changing.

Unusually I have performed a Nandroid Restore on two (spare) Defy phones, and each has had the same error. Furthermore I have tried two different (active) SIM cards (one from ALDI Mobile, and one from TPG - both Australian Carriers) and the result has been the same.

Is there a config file that I can alter, or some other way of making the phone pick up the Network Provider?

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Davo
ROM: ViperXL

"Sense 5 has arrived!"

souviktherocker
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Davo View Post
Hi Everyone,

The business I work for has been steadily migrating from the Motorola Defy (MB525) to the iPhone 5. This has resulted in a large number of spare Defy's at my work. I have learned how to root, custom ROM, etc the Defy, and even took the time to create some instructions (which I think are quite thorough). The XDA Thread link to my instructions is below -

Installing a custom ROM on the Motorola Defy Using Windows 7

A colleague of mine is currently experiencing issues with his modified Defy (running CyanogenMod 9) so I decided to perform a Nandroid backup of his phone. I then restored the backup to another spare Defy (that also runs CyanogenMod9, is rooted, etc) and was happy that all the Apps, and data were restored.

However I have one major challenge I cannot choose the Network Operator (Settings > More... > Mobile Networks > Network Operators), when I attempt to do so I am met with the message "Error while searching for networks". Furthermore selecting one of the sub-options, either "Search Networks" or "Select Automatically", results in the "time wheel" spinning for a short period, and nothing changing.

Unusually I have performed a Nandroid Restore on two (spare) Defy phones, and each has had the same error. Furthermore I have tried two different (active) SIM cards (one from ALDI Mobile, and one from TPG - both Australian Carriers) and the result has been the same.

Is there a config file that I can alter, or some other way of making the phone pick up the Network Provider?

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Davo
go to Settings > Advance > Baseband Selection > select your baseband

Mr Davo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Hi souviktherocker,

Thanks for your response. I have now set the Baseband correctly, as per your suggestion (please see the screen capture below), but I am still getting the original error message.

Any further suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Davo
ROM: ViperXL

"Sense 5 has arrived!"