FORUMS

Themes for SM-N910U Exynos Note 4

Samsung has too many phone variants for their flagships, which leaves out users incapable of getting … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 26 – May 2)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more

Sunday Debate: Great Camera Hardware, or Software?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on phone cameras. Come with your opinions and feel … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (Apr 25 – May 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q]

23rd January 2014, 02:08 AM |#1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Seriously. Can someone post an easier dumbed down version of how to root the Note 3 for Verizon? I tried yesterday to read how to do it from root de last Vega and could not understand it. I ended up soft bricking the phone. It almost seems that some directions were left out. Downloads took forever and links were broken. If someone can repost a dumbed down version with working links I'm sure the entire community would be grateful.
 
 
23rd January 2014, 03:37 AM |#2  
Misterxtc's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Syracuse, NY
Thanks Meter: 1,926
 
More
This is the easiest and best compilation thanks to az_biker http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2543386
23rd January 2014, 06:58 PM |#3  
mwebb34's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 208
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoachHero

Seriously. Can someone post an easier dumbed down version of how to root the Note 3 for Verizon? I tried yesterday to read how to do it from root de last Vega and could not understand it. I ended up soft bricking the phone. It almost seems that some directions were left out. Downloads took forever and links were broken. If someone can repost a dumbed down version with working links I'm sure the entire community would be grateful.

Which software version are u on MJ7 or MJE. I rooted mind with kingoapp. But you have to be on MJE in order to use Kingo. Kingo is the easiest method.

★NOTE 3★ ☛RETAIL☚ {HYPER🚨DRIVE} 🔒👆VZW😠
23rd January 2014, 07:06 PM |#4  
Misterxtc's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Syracuse, NY
Thanks Meter: 1,926
 
More
^^ +1
24th January 2014, 12:04 AM |#5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Thanks for the help. I am on me and Jingo didn't work.
24th January 2014, 12:30 AM |#6  
Misterxtc's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Syracuse, NY
Thanks Meter: 1,926
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoachHero

Thanks for the help. I am on me and Jingo didn't work.

Did you enable USB debugging in developer options and install the latest Samsung drivers?
24th January 2014, 12:33 AM |#7  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterxtc

Did you enable USB debugging in developer options and install the latest Samsung drivers?

Windows installed the drivers for me... I'm not sure if I put on USB debugging. I was in download mode.
24th January 2014, 01:05 AM |#8  
Misterxtc's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Syracuse, NY
Thanks Meter: 1,926
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoachHero

Windows installed the drivers for me... I'm not sure if I put on USB debugging. I was in download mode.

For debugging mode got to settings, about phone and then tap on build number about 5 times in a row. Then it will say developer mode enabled or something like that. Go back to settings and you should see developer options near the bottom of the list. Open that up and enable USB debugging. After all that run Kingo again from your normal boot mode. It will ask you to allow debugging mode and hit ok.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	197.4 KB
ID:	2535488   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	204.0 KB
ID:	2535489   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-01-23-20-06-49.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	175.0 KB
ID:	2535490  
Last edited by Misterxtc; 24th January 2014 at 01:12 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Verizon Galaxy Note 3 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank