5,593,650 Members 39,604 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Asus FHD 10 ME302C (x86) boot windows 8?

Tip us?

noisavni
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Storage [Q] Asus FHD 10 ME302C (x86) boot windows 8?

I know it's possible to unlock the bootloader for the FHD 10 but how would I boot windows? I noticed people flash rooted images after they unlock bootloaders, would booting windows be the same? Would I need to create a windows image and then flash it like one would a rooted image?

Here's how to root the FHD 10 . Flashing full versions of windows 8.1 on and android x86 device seems like something no one has done yet. It will be awesome when it happens though.

danbjorklund
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Technically the hardware could support Windows 8, but I doubt we'll be seeing anyone trying to bring the OS to the ME302C. There just aren't enough developers interested in the tablet and it's not as simple as putting windows onto a new computer is.

drpilot
Old
Thanks Meter 0
windows on mobile devices (all versions) does not get as much support as android. and they are not open source so their hacks and mods are very few.

noisavni
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
A $250 Win 8 tablet will draw in developers. I believe a lot of Asus Transformer Prime Devs will be interested.

As for installing windows, your right, tablet bios' are very basic.Either a bios will need to be ported or something like twrp2 could be used to make flashing a windows image manageable.

The biggest problem is getting things to work on x86, even the asus bootloader unlock was written for ARM and needs to be recompiled.

mingkee
Old
Thanks Meter 216
Another problem is storage. Even 32GB is not enough for Windows (not RT).
If you managed to install OS on SD, it's a different story.

noisavni
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Windows 8.1 has a minimum storage requirement of 16 GB. Installing programs would be best on a micro sd card. Although the fhd comes in both 16 and 32 gb. Enough to install microsoft office and some other productivity apps without a sd card.