5,596,431 Members 39,971 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Real bizarre issue, Could use some help Please!

Tip us?

Jessooca
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 267
Default Real bizarre issue, Could use some help Please!

I have been tinkering with my Epic 4g sph d700 and for whatever reason, despite flashing it using a tar file as well as the pit, using Odin, I cannot get a darn mobile signal, it fades constantly in and out of an O with a line through it (like the NO symbol) and If the bars pop up I don't even have 1 signal bar.

I literally have NO data whatsoever. Any idea what could be causing this?

Should I use Heimdall instead and does anyone know of an FC09 or FC19 Heimdall latest full stock file can be found? 99.99% of the links I've found are no longer valid and believe me I've googled for a couple of hours as well as searched XDA.

Thanks!

ANY help or suggestions would be appreciated. It's stock, FC09 right now, Android debugging checked. Ready to flash away, but I have no data at all unless I am on WiFi.

I did not have this issue when I was on CM10 yet I went back to stock and now, nothing but zero mobile data issues.

We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public.

darkierawr
Old
Thanks Meter 910
Here is a link to the FC19 tar.

Try giving fresh slate another go.

Have you tried updating your PRL/Profile?

Jessooca
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 267
I can't update my prl or profile as there is no data and you cannot update them via WiFi... whats odd is even if I have a signal for a half a freaking second, the second I press to update Profile or Prl, immediately I get the "zero with a slash" sign the aka "NO" sign, showing I have NO data. I am beyond perplexed, Thanks I'll check that link out and see what happens.

Jessooca
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 267
NOPE nothing new has changed, still NO data. Is there any other way to force prl/profile update?

I know in the Optimus G you can use tiny bin to fix issues similar to this, anyone know of what I am speaking of or any other suggestions???

darkierawr
Old
(Last edited by darkierawr; 2nd January 2014 at 05:19 PM.)
Thanks Meter 910
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessooca View Post
NOPE nothing new has changed, still NO data. Is there any other way to force prl/profile update?

I know in the Optimus G you can use tiny bin to fix issues similar to this, anyone know of what I am speaking of or any other suggestions???
When you go into Settings->About what do you see as your baseband version?

Is it blank?

There is a way to update PRL manually, but it's outdated and I can't really recommended.

Try flashing this modem and wiping data/cache 3x.

Try this as well. Just let me know what happens.

Jessooca
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 267
After tinkering the old toy for quite a few days I did finally get it back up and running with data, but it's very very weak. It more often than not, says I am roaming or i'll just lose signal all together, and my s4, g2 and s3 all have 4g lte sitting right next to this thing. Sad thing is this phone was picked up in dec 2013 and has a sticker inside it showing it was made in sept 2013. I didn't think sammy even made these anymore, perhaps they do.

in any event i got it fixed, the phone is in immaculate brand new condition, I just cannot figure out the super weak signal issue and I've updated prl/profile several times, and in different areas of the Orlando area, NOTHING has worked.

Thanks guys for all the help, suggestions and for providing the links and items you gave me. I tried them all.

Mr_You
Old
(Last edited by Mr_You; 23rd January 2014 at 10:57 PM.)
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessooca View Post
Sad thing is this phone was picked up in dec 2013 and has a sticker inside it showing it was made in sept 2013. I didn't think sammy even made these anymore, perhaps they do.
I don't know how but you may want to confirm they still make them. Possibly this is a counterfeit phone and that is the reason for the poor signal strength/quality? There have been counterfeit Samsung S3s/Note 3s/S4s showing up (see Youtube).

DaKillaWilla
Old
Thanks Meter 89
Download a stock tar with pit, odin it with efs clear. This will clear everything and I do mean everything. Your phone will be completely wiped. Keep in mind when you do this it will pop up with sprint activation wanting you to activate. If that don't work then maybe a antenna is loose internaly or maybe its just plain broke.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2