Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

YU Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Rooting the Tmobile SGH-T889 on 4.3 via MAC

OP Cafeboy

17th January 2014, 06:22 PM   |  #1  
Cafeboy's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Corpus Christi
Thanks Meter: 3
 
66 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app
17th January 2014, 07:37 PM   |  #2  
Coug76's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag East of Seattle
Thanks Meter: 803
 
2,049 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
Do you have a question? Can't tell from your op.

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement
24th January 2014, 12:08 AM   |  #3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
18 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coug76

Do you have a question? Can't tell from your op.

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement

I am unsure what the question was, but I would definitely like to know how to root my Tmo Note 2 running 4.3 on my mac.
24th January 2014, 01:56 AM   |  #4  
Coug76's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag East of Seattle
Thanks Meter: 803
 
2,049 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolan22

I am unsure what the question was, but I would definitely like to know how to root my Tmo Note 2 running 4.3 on my mac.

Heimdall

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement
24th January 2014, 02:11 AM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
18 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coug76

Heimdall

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement

I have Heimdall installed, and I used it to root my Note 2 when it was running 4.1.2. Since I updated to 4.3 via Kies, I am unsure if I take the same steps and use the same files I did when rooting my Note 2 running 4.1.2. Any detailed instructions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the response!
24th January 2014, 02:54 AM   |  #6  
Coug76's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag East of Seattle
Thanks Meter: 803
 
2,049 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolan22

I have Heimdall installed, and I used it to root my Note 2 when it was running 4.1.2. Since I updated to 4.3 via Kies, I am unsure if I take the same steps and use the same files I did when rooting my Note 2 running 4.1.2. Any detailed instructions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the response!

If you ota'd I would dl MrRobinson's root66 4.3 rom and apply it as directed in the OP of his thread. Should be golden if you follow his instructions. You might not need to wipe if you are running the official 4.3 to begin with. Be certain to read the whole OP and a couple posts down.

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes