5,599,478 Members 40,243 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

"Google Play Services" has stopped?!?

Tip us?

Beastbored
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Prompt "Google Play Services" has stopped?!?

Hello, I have installed the Android 4.3 ROM on my Kindle Fire (1st Gen) about a month ago or to be exact Dec, 26, 2013. It was working perfectly and smoothly with GAPPS installed on it, till now. My brother asked me what was wrong with his Kindle/Android because it kept giving him Gapps errors. I tried everything such as Factory reset, reinstalling Gapps, wiping EVERYTHING and stopping all Google Services like Framework, Account Manager and Google Play Services. Nothing works, about an hour later I went on my Kindle/Android and I got THE SAME ERROR. Does anyone know how to fix this?

SHAX321
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastbored View Post
Hello, I have installed the Android 4.3 ROM on my Kindle Fire (1st Gen) about a month ago or to be exact Dec, 26, 2013. It was working perfectly and smoothly with GAPPS installed on it, till now. My brother asked me what was wrong with his Kindle/Android because it kept giving him Gapps errors. I tried everything such as Factory reset, reinstalling Gapps, wiping EVERYTHING and stopping all Google Services like Framework, Account Manager and Google Play Services. Nothing works, about an hour later I went on my Kindle/Android and I got THE SAME ERROR. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Make sure that googleplayservices.apk is in data/app, not in system/app. this is commonly the problem. Also make sure you installed google servicesframework.apk before googleplayservices. Just in case you dont know, google services framework.apk has to be in system/app. hope this works

Beastbored
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAX321 View Post
Make sure that googleplayservices.apk is in data/app, not in system/app. this is commonly the problem. Also make sure you installed google servicesframework.apk before googleplayservices. Just in case you dont know, google services framework.apk has to be in system/app. hope this works
Thanks but I already fixed it. All I Had to do was uninstall the google play services update :/
The Following User Says Thank You to Beastbored For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SHAX321
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default ker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastbored View Post
Thanks but I already fixed it. All I Had to do was uninstall the google play services update :/
Huh, the "amazing" product Of Google lol