5,598,171 Members 43,457 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Send to LG for Water Damage Repair?

Tip us?

fr4nk1yn
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 263
Default Send to LG for Water Damage Repair?

Dropped in toilet. Left in rice. Powers on but the very left side of the screen and one "line" about a third drum the top is dead. No response to presses.
Took it apart, very easy, and cleaned off corrosion found on one of the terminals. No difference.

Anyone send in for water damage?
I haven't called yet just wondering what to expect. I sent another in for a cracked screen. I'm thinking it's a similar repair.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Support Your Local Android Developer. That stuff* is HARD!

G1_enthusiast
Old
Thanks Meter 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by fr4nk1yn View Post
Dropped in toilet. Left in rice. Powers on but the very left side of the screen and one "line" about a third drum the top is dead. No response to presses.
Took it apart, very easy, and cleaned off corrosion found on one of the terminals. No difference.

Anyone send in for water damage?
I haven't called yet just wondering what to expect. I sent another in for a cracked screen. I'm thinking it's a similar repair.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
more likely it will cost you close to a new phone. basically the internal is toast.
Phone
HTC Touch pro II -----> Tmobile G1 -----> HTC HD2 -----> Tmobile G2 -----> Samsung galaxy S II -----> Samsung galaxy S3 -----> Sony Xperia "Zed"----->HTC ONE(Thank God, dont ever own a Sony)----->LG G2

Tablet

Tmobile Slate ---------------------> Blackberry playbook ------------------------> Samsung galaxy Tab 10.1 ------------------------>Nexus 7 ------------------------>Nexus 7 Second Gen ------------------------> Dell Venue 8 Pro
The Following User Says Thank You to G1_enthusiast For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fr4nk1yn
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1_enthusiast View Post
more likely it will cost you close to a new phone. basically the internal is toast.
Yes, they don't cover liquid damage at all.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Support Your Local Android Developer. That stuff* is HARD!