Send to LG for Water Damage Repair?

OP fr4nk1yn

23rd January 2014, 04:55 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Norfolk
Thanks Meter: 426

1,152 posts
More
Dropped in toilet. Left in rice. Powers on but the very left side of the screen and one "line" about a third drum the top is dead. No response to presses.
Took it apart, very easy, and cleaned off corrosion found on one of the terminals. No difference.

Anyone send in for water damage?
I haven't called yet just wondering what to expect. I sent another in for a cracked screen. I'm thinking it's a similar repair.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
23rd January 2014, 08:17 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 302

2,117 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fr4nk1yn

Dropped in toilet. Left in rice. Powers on but the very left side of the screen and one "line" about a third drum the top is dead. No response to presses.
Took it apart, very easy, and cleaned off corrosion found on one of the terminals. No difference.

Anyone send in for water damage?
I haven't called yet just wondering what to expect. I sent another in for a cracked screen. I'm thinking it's a similar repair.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

more likely it will cost you close to a new phone. basically the internal is toast.
The Following User Says Thank You to G1_enthusiast For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th January 2014, 04:05 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Norfolk
Thanks Meter: 426

1,152 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1_enthusiast

more likely it will cost you close to a new phone. basically the internal is toast.

Yes, they don't cover liquid damage at all.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread