Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,645 Members 38,758 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bricked Device

Tip us?

leaderbuilder
Old
Thanks Meter 1,240
Quote:
Originally Posted by benpfeil View Post
I re-downloaded Odin 3.09, USB drivers (using 1,5,29), the rom and attempted to flash again and get the same error in Odin. Same result with MJA too.
Hmm, you're doing or missing something because in the last week or so there have been about five or ten people with close to the same issue (HELP, I'M BRICKED, MY LIFE IS OVER...etc.) and we've mangaged to get them all work. I've posted dozens of replies to those people and they've been able to get up and running following others and my advice(s).
Spend some time and go through the first few pages of the Q&A, Help forum and read all the way through some of the similar posts. Then try what is suggested in them.
You will resolve your issue. IF you don't, just warranty your phone or grab an iPhone.
* NAE ROMs * NAE Modem * 4.4 Kernels * MF9 Bootloader *

if you've found any of my blathering useful, there is a thanks button that can be hit.

benpfeil
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
I broke down and stopped into Sprint tonight. I had tried the process on 3 different PC's and still no luck. They tried to flash it and weren't able to as well. The woman in the store told me they could not exchange it because they do not have the phone yet. I was confused by this. The phone that I have has "Sprint Spark" on it which is a tri-band phone and the stores do not have it yet. My company has a large plan with Sprint and we get our phones shipped directly to us. She said I would have to have my procurement person request a new phone for me. My model is actually SPH-L720T. My guess is that this was causing my issues.

Thank you to you all who tried to help out.

leaderbuilder
Old
Thanks Meter 1,240
Quote:
My model is actually SPH-L720T. My guess is that this was causing my issues.
YEP!
That would be the problem.

if you've found any of my blathering useful, there is a thanks button that can be hit.

benpfeil
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaderbuilder View Post
YEP!
That would be the problem.
Just wasn't making any sense to me up until then. I've done numerous phones and never had any issue before so I was just baffled.

Trying to find a MK5 rom that will download. Working on one now that is pulling in at < 200 KB/s.

leaderbuilder
Old
Thanks Meter 1,240
Quote:
Originally Posted by benpfeil View Post
Just wasn't making any sense to me up until then. I've done numerous phones and never had any issue before so I was just baffled.

Trying to find a MK5 rom that will download. Working on one now that is pulling in at < 200 KB/s.
I didn't think XDA had a forum up yet for SPH-L720T.

cruise350
Old
Thanks Meter 587
Sammobile.com has the mk5 tar file for the 720T.

Sent from my icrap 2 using Tapatalk HD
Phones & Tablets: Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note 8", Evo 4g LTE, Evo 3D, Acer Iconia A500, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, Ipad 2, Nabi 2,

Rom: Rooted Stock Odexed, Hotspot Mod, Xposed, Wanum, several other xposed tweaks
Firmware: NAE
Kernel: Stock
TWRP: 2.7.1.0

The Following User Says Thank You to cruise350 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]