Warranty Replacement due to Camera issue advice

Tip us?

iamdapro
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohredwood View Post
I would probably go into an ATT store and see if they can exchange it out right there. I would think, if you have your receipt they would. If not, I would then head into best buy and have them do it. You have one year warranty. I bought mine through att and just went in last week to exchange it, and the gal actually did it right there and loaded the info on the new one, however it was the 32 gb model, and I own a 64gb model. She had to place a order for another one which was sent to me FedEx.
I just go it yesterday, took only 3 days shipping, and now I have 10 days to put my old one in the box and get it shipped back to them. Pretty simple and painless really. I haven't turned the new one on yet, my initial observation looks pretty much identical to my old one, with no physical defects of the new (refurbished) unit.
I just hope the innards are just as pristine as mine was. I also relocked it, s-on, unrooted and restored att software to it. Didn't want to take the chance of some crap coming back on me.
Awesome! thank you for the information! When I get a day off I will head over to AT&T or Best Buy and see what they can do for me. Thanks again!

Jaernyx
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamdapro View Post
Awesome! thank you for the information! When I get a day off I will head over to AT&T or Best Buy and see what they can do for me. Thanks again!
In my case (blown speaker), I had to go to a special warranty store. They wouldnt replace it at a normal store for me. But the device service center or whatever it was did replace mine on the spot with no shipping, so that was a plus even if the drive was a bit out of the way.

I suppose I got lucky as well as I'd never heard of this purple camera issue and while I'm sure this phone isn't brand new, its been working alright. I've had terrible luck with the One, with this being my third replacement.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

garage_man
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I just had mine replaced due to that issue, and the seams on the plastic, and the phone mic didn't work right, andd the screen had like 10 dead pixels lol.

Anyways got the new one back hoping for the camera to magically be better..it isn't. Still junk lol. Semi sharp and tons of noise in the picture. As soon as you zoom in for detail BAM noise. It is a phone camera and hey, at least it doesn't go purple anymore right? Oh my phone was in like new condition when it came, zero scratches (or it would have been sent right back to them).

iamdapro
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Smile Replacement Placed

Quote:
Originally Posted by garage_man View Post
I just had mine replaced due to that issue, and the seams on the plastic, and the phone mic didn't work right, andd the screen had like 10 dead pixels lol.

Anyways got the new one back hoping for the camera to magically be better..it isn't. Still junk lol. Semi sharp and tons of noise in the picture. As soon as you zoom in for detail BAM noise. It is a phone camera and hey, at least it doesn't go purple anymore right? Oh my phone was in like new condition when it came, zero scratches (or it would have been sent right back to them).
Okay so I just talked to AT&T and after some troubleshooting to prove it wasn't software related, they just placed an order for a "refurbished" device that I should get in 5-6 business days. Hopefully the camera works and all of the pixels are there too!

Thanks for the info everyone!