Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,776 Members 53,472 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] GT-N7100 rooted on Android 4.3 Knox 0x1 can't update OTA

Tip us?
 
XenonTNT
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 16
Join Date: Dec 2013
Default [Q] GT-N7100 rooted on Android 4.3 Knox 0x1 can't update OTA

Hi

I am using Samsung Galaxy Note II GT-N7100
I did a mistake by not doing more research before rooting my phone and now my Knox flag is 0x1.
I upgraded my phone to Android 4.3 then rooted it with Chainfire autoroot using Odin.
Now I am not able to remove KNOX bootloader also if I try to flash a KNOX free bootloader Odin show unsupported device error and device gets soft brick then I have to flash Chainfire autoroot again to start the device again.

Is there any way to get KNOX free bootloader? or to be with Knox bootloader but everything fine like it was before.

Disadvantages are
I can't use Knox feature now.
Cannot update my device OTA or through Samsung Kies so downloading form Sammobile and flashing takes a lot of time.

I don't have any other problem I am running on stock rom 4.3 but I want that I should able to update my mobile OTA and if possible able to use KNOX feature again.
Thank you
Have a nice day
 
antique_sonic
Old
#2  
antique_sonic's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,094
Posts: 2,100
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Corner of the earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by XenonTNT View Post
Hi

I am using Samsung Galaxy Note II GT-N7100
I did a mistake by not doing more research before rooting my phone and now my Knox flag is 0x1.
I upgraded my phone to Android 4.3 then rooted it with Chainfire autoroot using Odin.
Now I am not able to remove KNOX bootloader also if I try to flash a KNOX free bootloader Odin show unsupported device error and device gets soft brick then I have to flash Chainfire autoroot again to start the device again.

Is there any way to get KNOX free bootloader? or to be with Knox bootloader but everything fine like it was before.

Disadvantages are
I can't use Knox feature now.
Cannot update my device OTA or through Samsung Kies so downloading form Sammobile and flashing takes a lot of time.

I don't have any other problem I am running on stock rom 4.3 but I want that I should able to update my mobile OTA and if possible able to use KNOX feature again.
Thank you
Have a nice day
So far, this issue of 0x1 back to 0x0 is still fly high in the air. I read a lot of thread regarding this issue, until I myself also a bit headache
But, from my understanding after reading so many thread... Once it tripped, there's no way to return back. And you can't (theoritically) to revert back to 4.1.2 bootloader, but perhaps, there's a way. And yes, once it tripped, you can't use any KNOX features.
I still have no better conclusion as well regarding this issue. I got read 1 time somebody is able to revert back to 4.1.2, but still with KNOX 0x1. Most are failed. You may want to read all the thread regarding this issue with a search.

I'm here not to answer exactly on how to revert back. But just to share what I know regarding this tripping issue. To be frank... I also want to know about this, as I need to root my MJ7 Note 3, which so far... no solution yet for the tripping KNOX, so I still hold on to it.
~WJ~
Learn.... Learn.... & Learn
Learn till you die, and you will die a happy man



Q & A for XNote Galaxy S5 (All Questions about X-Note Galaxy S5 PORT) :
[Q&A]X-Note G900F S5 PORT
 
XenonTNT
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 16
Join Date: Dec 2013
Default YOu can root if you have not trip 0x1 without tripping it.

[QUOTE=antique_sonic;49546705

I also want to know about this, as I need to root my MJ7 Note 3, which so far... no solution yet for the tripping KNOX, so I still hold on to it.[/QUOTE]

I found a way today on the internet that If Note 2 is at 0x0 flag you can root it without increasing the count but it will show custom that you can revert back to original by triangle away may be there is a way for Note 3 too.
I have already rooted so problem starts here
 
tadz202
Old
#4  
Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 39
Join Date: Oct 2013
I have a rooted official 4.3 OTA rom knox is 1. I used triangle away to make it official. when i check for updates it say that i have the latest rom. I think i can use ota update even knox is 1

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app
 
XenonTNT
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 16
Join Date: Dec 2013
Default Not for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadz202 View Post
I have a rooted official 4.3 OTA rom knox is 1. I used triangle away to make it official. when i check for updates it say that i have the latest rom. I think i can use ota update even knox is 1

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app
I used triangle away also this is my device status in Downloading mode.
Custom binary download No
Current Binary Samsung Official
System Status Offcial
Knox Warranty Void 1

but in Software update you device is modified. May it is showing you because you have already the latest update. Please can you tell me the Device status in Downloading mode also please report back if you are able or not to download update OTA when available.
Thank you.
 
ddfault
Old
#6  
ddfault's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 27
Join Date: Jul 2010
Arrow Same boat

My phone is in the same boat as you. My desire was not so much KNOX as to have 4.3 with phone encryption and root. In order to succeed with my desire, I have to leave the stock 4.3 recovery intact. This greatly reduces my root options. I had root before the update, but it was unable to update after going to 4.3. I tried Kingo in an attempt to fix root, but to no avail. I decided to unroot and re-root. I used Kingo to unroot. From there I had to run saferoot a few times before it was finally able to install SuperSU and associated files. The version it installed is the latest so I'll have to wait until the next release to find out if it can update. Everything else seems to work fine except ES File Explorer appears to no longer be able to mount the /system RW.

saferoot can be found over here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2565758

Hope that helps,
Ddfault

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenonTNT View Post
I used triangle away also this is my device status in Downloading mode.
Custom binary download No
Current Binary Samsung Official
System Status Offcial
Knox Warranty Void 1
Current: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 unlocked, MJ5 bootloader, 4.3 Stock, encrypted, and rooted.
(on Straight Talk using AT&T's towers)
Past: T-Mobile MyTouch 4G unlocked CM 7.1 (on AT&T)
Past: AT&T Atrix 4G unlocked (Gingerblur 3.5) (Bricked via Firmware downgrade )
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes