App Review: Calculating Your Android Calculator Options

Sure, everyone has a default Calculator and its something that you dont think about … more

MultiROM Once Again Available for the Galaxy S4

Multiboot, or the ability to select betweenmultiple operating systems on a single device at … more

Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more
Post Reply

CM11 ...can't install GAPPS

22nd January 2014, 11:01 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
16 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
I installed the sdcard version of CM11 from iamafanof website , including the sd card version of Gapps but I don't see the playstore. It looks like Gapps are flashed okay in TWRP...I get no errors, but I get nothing when I boot into Android.
Help appreciated.
23rd January 2014, 01:05 AM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 404
 
1,352 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chimpknowskungfu

I installed the sdcard version of CM11 from iamafanof website , including the sd card version of Gapps but I don't see the playstore. It looks like Gapps are flashed okay in TWRP...I get no errors, but I get nothing when I boot into Android.
Help appreciated.

The Playstore should be there if Gapps package was installed.

Check to make sure that you used the sdcard (and not the emmc) version: gapps-kk-20131208-no_set_metadata_sdc.zip or pa_gapps-modular-mini-4.4.2-20131230-signed_sdc.zip.

Also, iamafanof's guide says you should install and boot CM11, then go back to recovery to install Gapps.

Which version of TWRP recovery did you use? Note that CM11 requires TWRP 2.6.3.0 or later.
23rd January 2014, 01:49 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
16 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by digixmax

The Playstore should be there if Gapps package was installed.

Check to make sure that you used the sdcard (and not the emmc) version: gapps-kk-20131208-no_set_metadata_sdc.zip or pa_gapps-modular-mini-4.4.2-20131230-signed_sdc.zip.

Also, iamafanof's guide says you should install and boot CM11, then go back to recovery to install Gapps.

Which version of TWRP recovery did you use? Note that CM11 requires TWRP 2.6.3.0 or later.

2.6.3.1. I installed the mini version ...and made sure it was the sdc. It boots fine into Android. I even get a dialog box saying x of 9 apps updating after I flash the pa_gapps sdc.zip file. But when it boots up, I don't see the playstore . I can surf then net on wifi and everything else looks okay.

i would like to try cwmbut i cant find the latest sd bootable version.
Last edited by chimpknowskungfu; 23rd January 2014 at 02:19 AM.
23rd January 2014, 02:18 AM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 404
 
1,352 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
Do the apps show up in Settings->Apps menu?

If so, did you look for these apps on the App Drawer (hit the circle with 6-dots on the navigational bar at the bottom of the screen)?
23rd January 2014, 02:50 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
16 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by digixmax

Do the apps show up in Settings->Apps menu?

If so, did you look for these apps on the App Drawer (hit the circle with 6-dots on the navigational bar at the bottom of the screen)?

Nope..settings app doesn't show Google Play Services either.
I would like to try CWM instead of TWRP. WOuld you know if there's a way to boot the latest CWM from the SDcard like TWRP? All I did for the latest TWRP was rename the sdcard version from their site to recovery.img and coped it over to the main directory of the sdcard.
23rd January 2014, 03:21 AM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 404
 
1,352 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chimpknowskungfu

Nope..settings app doesn't show Google Play Services either.
I would like to try CWM instead of TWRP. WOuld you know if there's a way to boot the latest CWM from the SDcard like TWRP? All I did for the latest TWRP was rename the sdcard version from their site to recovery.img and coped it over to the main directory of the sdcard.

I don't know of an SD-based version for CWM v6.0.4.3 or later (which is required for CM11).

Try using the recovery.img that is included in cm_acclaim_11.0_14JAN2014_HD_SDC.zip (open the zip file and extract recovery using 7-zip), or get the SD version of TWRP 2.6.3.1 from http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/acclaim (rename it to recovery.img before copying it to your SDcard).
24th January 2014, 05:32 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
16 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by digixmax

I don't know of an SD-based version for CWM v6.0.4.3 or later (which is required for CM11).

Try using the recovery.img that is included in cm_acclaim_11.0_14JAN2014_HD_SDC.zip (open the zip file and extract recovery using 7-zip), or get the SD version of TWRP 2.6.3.1 from http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/acclaim (rename it to recovery.img before copying it to your SDcard).

I got it fixed by burning the sdcard image and then expanding the partitions accordingly.
Thanks for your help anyway.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes