XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CM11 ...can't install GAPPS

Tip us?

chimpknowskungfu
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default CM11 ...can't install GAPPS

I installed the sdcard version of CM11 from iamafanof website , including the sd card version of Gapps but I don't see the playstore. It looks like Gapps are flashed okay in TWRP...I get no errors, but I get nothing when I boot into Android.
Help appreciated.

digixmax
Old
Thanks Meter 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by chimpknowskungfu View Post
I installed the sdcard version of CM11 from iamafanof website , including the sd card version of Gapps but I don't see the playstore. It looks like Gapps are flashed okay in TWRP...I get no errors, but I get nothing when I boot into Android.
Help appreciated.
The Playstore should be there if Gapps package was installed.

Check to make sure that you used the sdcard (and not the emmc) version: gapps-kk-20131208-no_set_metadata_sdc.zip or pa_gapps-modular-mini-4.4.2-20131230-signed_sdc.zip.

Also, iamafanof's guide says you should install and boot CM11, then go back to recovery to install Gapps.

Which version of TWRP recovery did you use? Note that CM11 requires TWRP 2.6.3.0 or later.

chimpknowskungfu
Old
(Last edited by chimpknowskungfu; 23rd January 2014 at 02:19 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by digixmax View Post
The Playstore should be there if Gapps package was installed.

Check to make sure that you used the sdcard (and not the emmc) version: gapps-kk-20131208-no_set_metadata_sdc.zip or pa_gapps-modular-mini-4.4.2-20131230-signed_sdc.zip.

Also, iamafanof's guide says you should install and boot CM11, then go back to recovery to install Gapps.

Which version of TWRP recovery did you use? Note that CM11 requires TWRP 2.6.3.0 or later.
2.6.3.1. I installed the mini version ...and made sure it was the sdc. It boots fine into Android. I even get a dialog box saying x of 9 apps updating after I flash the pa_gapps sdc.zip file. But when it boots up, I don't see the playstore . I can surf then net on wifi and everything else looks okay.

i would like to try cwmbut i cant find the latest sd bootable version.

digixmax
Old
Thanks Meter 351
Do the apps show up in Settings->Apps menu?

If so, did you look for these apps on the App Drawer (hit the circle with 6-dots on the navigational bar at the bottom of the screen)?

chimpknowskungfu
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Do the apps show up in Settings->Apps menu?

If so, did you look for these apps on the App Drawer (hit the circle with 6-dots on the navigational bar at the bottom of the screen)?
Nope..settings app doesn't show Google Play Services either.
I would like to try CWM instead of TWRP. WOuld you know if there's a way to boot the latest CWM from the SDcard like TWRP? All I did for the latest TWRP was rename the sdcard version from their site to recovery.img and coped it over to the main directory of the sdcard.

digixmax
Old
Thanks Meter 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by chimpknowskungfu View Post
Nope..settings app doesn't show Google Play Services either.
I would like to try CWM instead of TWRP. WOuld you know if there's a way to boot the latest CWM from the SDcard like TWRP? All I did for the latest TWRP was rename the sdcard version from their site to recovery.img and coped it over to the main directory of the sdcard.
I don't know of an SD-based version for CWM v6.0.4.3 or later (which is required for CM11).

Try using the recovery.img that is included in cm_acclaim_11.0_14JAN2014_HD_SDC.zip (open the zip file and extract recovery using 7-zip), or get the SD version of TWRP 2.6.3.1 from http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/acclaim (rename it to recovery.img before copying it to your SDcard).

chimpknowskungfu
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
I don't know of an SD-based version for CWM v6.0.4.3 or later (which is required for CM11).

Try using the recovery.img that is included in cm_acclaim_11.0_14JAN2014_HD_SDC.zip (open the zip file and extract recovery using 7-zip), or get the SD version of TWRP 2.6.3.1 from http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/acclaim (rename it to recovery.img before copying it to your SDcard).
I got it fixed by burning the sdcard image and then expanding the partitions accordingly.
Thanks for your help anyway.