XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] TWRP?

Tip us?

clockcycle
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 388
Default [Q] TWRP?

Will we ever have a working TWRP recovery?
Disclaimer: The information contained herein is made for educational purposes only. If you decide to access linked third-party web sites or make use of said information, you do so at your own risk. The information may be changed without notice and is not guaranteed to be complete, correct, timely, current or up-to-date.

audit13
Old
Thanks Meter 271
Doesn't seem like it but I'm not too concerned since I have had great luck with Philz and Touch CWM.

TecknoFreak
Old
Thanks Meter 578

DONATE TO ME
Looks like we will not. But as long I have philz I'm OK. Lol
Motorola Atrix HD(MB886)
Just Thank me if I Helped you. That will pay off my time if you do

clockcycle
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 388
Too bad. I like philz lots but its cwm based and romtoolbox don't get along.

Sent from my Atrix HD using Tapatalk
Disclaimer: The information contained herein is made for educational purposes only. If you decide to access linked third-party web sites or make use of said information, you do so at your own risk. The information may be changed without notice and is not guaranteed to be complete, correct, timely, current or up-to-date.

idontkn1
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Default TWRP

As someone whose previous device had a TWRP recovery the only thing I really miss is that it allowed internal and external sd card access while booted. That always made for easy switching of roms. I know I bork up something at least once a week while tinkering and have to reflash recovery because I deleted my data without a working rom backup on my sd card.

TecknoFreak
Old
Thanks Meter 578

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by clockcycle View Post
Too bad. I like philz lots but its cwm based and romtoolbox don't get along.

Sent from my Atrix HD using Tapatalk
With philz never had a problem with that app as I use it to change bootanimations and fonts.
Motorola Atrix HD(MB886)
Just Thank me if I Helped you. That will pay off my time if you do

pijes
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by idontkn1 View Post
As someone whose previous device had a TWRP recovery the only thing I really miss is that it allowed internal and external sd card access while booted. That always made for easy switching of roms. I know I bork up something at least once a week while tinkering and have to reflash recovery because I deleted my data without a working rom backup on my sd card.
With Philz recovery you can always access both. Only takes a few minutes to switch between roms
The Following User Says Thank You to pijes For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

idontkn1
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Default Sorry for not being clearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pijes View Post
With Philz recovery you can always access both. Only takes a few minutes to switch between roms
What I meant is that while in TWRP you can unmount your external and internal sd card and have it recognized as an mass storage device by windows. Thus allowing you to move roms, backups etc onto your sd card. Once you're finished with moving files you can remount your sd card and go about your business. I mess something up at least once a week and end up without a usable backup after wiping data in recovery. In the TWRP world I can just copy over a good backup without leaving the recovery. In Philz and cwm recoveries I end up having to reboot to the bootloader, reflash recovery, pull out my sd card and copy my backup to the sd card to get back where I need to be. It's nothing horrible but it does usually add 5 or 10 minutes to the process.

xFajitas
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Philz has that option but I can't seem to be able to mount it correctly ,
I hope there will be a fix ,as I have been in situations in where I had a Bootlooping phone until I accessed my PC
If I recall correctly I think I heard someone built a version for us, but had touch points off coordination

Sent From My Delicious Kiwi
"El Cid De Tizona"

progrockguy
Old
Thanks Meter 191
Default TWRP 2.6.3.1

The Photon Q TWRP works on our AHDs but has offset touch-points. It's still very usable once you figure out the offsets (down/left).

Attached is a flashable ZIP if you want to try it out. Just flash in recovery and reboot. You can always flash back to Philz if you don't like the touch issue.

Enjoy!
Attached Files
File Type: zip twrp_kk_flash.zip - [Click for QR Code] (7.79 MB, 8 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to progrockguy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]